Ch. 22-Magic problems

Thalia’s POV

  “Just keep dancing!” someone exclaims and I cheer with the rest of the crowd. Let me just say now that I’m not drunk.

     I haven’t had a sip of alcohol, but I’ve had about three cokes. That’s probably the equivalent of a beer in Thalia logic. I’m barely paying attention to my surroundings. All I know is that I’m dancing in a tight crowd and the music is amazing. This is a great DJ. Someone squeezes my hand and when I look over I see Josella grinning.

  “Awesome party right?” she asks through the bond. I nod and the two of us scream. Soon other people scream with us and I can’t stop laughing. I need to have this kind of fun every other night.

   ‘I want mate,’ Cleo says which makes me groan. I have no idea where Caleb is. Caleb and I danced for a little bit, but he was being too proactive. Every guy that touched me would get a glare from Caleb and where’s the fun in that? In the end I moved away from Caleb and lost him in the crowd. Probably not the smartest idea, but I don’t care.

  “Come on,” Josella exclaims while grabbing my hand. We run through the thick crowd before we end up on stage.

  “Dive!” A group of kids say. Oh no. I don’t think I want this much excitement. Then again when will I have the chance to do this again?

  “Let’s go!” Josella exclaims while being carried away by the crowd. It looks fun so why not? I lean back and this is really fun. I can’t stop cheering! All I feel are hands pushing me up and down. I can’t believe I almost didn’t do this. Someone puts me down and when I turn around I’m face to face with Ruben.

  “Hey!” I exclaim while wrapping my arms around his waist. I had a feeling that he would show up. This is definitely a party no one should miss.

   “Hey! What are you doing here? I thought you would be locked up with your mate,” Ruben teases.

     I giggle before saying, “Not tonight. I don’t know where he is actually. What about you? Did you find your mate yet?” Ruben sighs before taking my hands and making me rock side to side with him. I guess that’s a no.

  “Not yet. She’s out there somewhere. That will also be the day I leave the pack,” he says with a shrug. What’s with the shrug? Being Beta is a great honor.

  “Do you not like being beta,” I ask while dancing. I even have to stare at Ruben’s lips to understand what he’s saying. This is definitely a werewolf party because the music is ridiculously loud.

  “I do, but we have a strict policy in our pack. If you have a mate, you have to leave. Mate’s make you weaker,” he says. Oh wow. No wonder his pack seemed like an army. What would happen if Enrico finds his mate? Maybe he found her already and she died or something. That would explain some things about his personality.

  “I think I’m making Caleb even stronger,” I say confidently. What would Caleb do without me? It would be boring at his pack without me.

  “Yeah but he’s making you weaker,” Ruben says while twirling me. Oh really?

  “That’s not true,” I argue. Is Caleb making me softer?

  “Admit it. You don’t train as much as you used to, you’re not on as strict of a diet, and you’re more likely to be emotionally driven.”

  “Is something wrong with that,” I ask while getting upset. All those things Ruben’s said are true but he shouldn’t know that. Am I getting weak?

   Ruben just chuckles before saying, “No. I’d trade this life for my mate any day but for now I have to play the cards I’ve been dealt with. Who knows? Maybe my mate’s an Alpha.” That would definitely be a sight.