Ch. 2-Pack

I'm so glad that people are enjoying this story! Hopefully you will enjoy this chapter too!

******************

 Thalia's POV

I constantly look between the boy carrying me and Sage. I don't like the feeling of being in distress. The feeling is nagging me to the point where I want to scream but for some strange reason I don't want to get the boy in trouble. He's probably just doing something friendly or trying to send us to his pack before he can kill me and Sage. "My name's Caleb by the way," the boy who's carrying me says.

"Alright C-Caleb," I stutter as a shiver hits me. These wet clothes aren't helping the cause. Caleb pulled me closer to his warm chest and I found myself pulling closer to him. "I'm only doing this because I'm cold," I say quickly as a smile forms on Caleb's lips. "Alright. Don't get to comfortable because we're here," he says.

When I look up, I only see three houses. My old pack had five houses. "Small pack," I say out loud. "Yeah but we're growing," Caleb says. I look down at Sage and he's shaking his head. I remain quiet until we walk up the steps to a larger house. It's just a little bit smaller than the house in the middle and I little bit bigger than the house on the left of the middle house. "Is this your house," Sage asks. "Yep. The only person living with me is my grandma so we have plenty rooms for you to stay in," Caleb says.

Living with his Grandmother probably doesn't make him Mr. Popular. We walk through the screen door and I see an older woman laying out clean clothes and medical supplies. "Hello my dears. Stretch her on the bench please, Caleb," the woman says. Is she Caleb's grandmother? Caleb laid me on the bench and I winced from the pain. "Males out. Caleb why don't you show the boy where the shower is," the woman asks. "Sure Grams," Caleb says and tries to pull Sage out of the room.

"Whoa I'm not trying to be rude but we barely know you. You can't just operate on my sister," Sage says with a really good point. I shouldn't trust these people so quickly but what other option do I have? "Well than would you like to sit here as I have to undress your sister and make sure nothing else is wrong except for her leg," the woman asks. Sage and I exchange looks before we ask at the same time, "How did you know it's the leg?" The woman laughs before saying, "I'm Grandma Kyra to all of the Nitsa pack and the oldest person in the village. I'm also this young man's grandmother. I can see into the future so I knew you two would be coming today."

I look over at Caleb and he has his face in his right hand. "Is that why you sent Aston into town," Caleb asks. Grandma Kyra just smirks before saying, "As I said before Caleb, take the little boy toward the bathroom so he can get dressed. Your clothes are on the counter. Oh deary I haven't caught your names." "I'm Parsley and that's my little brother Sage," I say. I was expecting Grandma Kyra to give me the 'you can't be serious' look like most people do but she just smiles and says, "Your mother must like to cook."

I nod politely and look at Sage. "Go and behave," I command and Sage nods before walking out of the room with Caleb following. I sigh and turn towards Grandma Kyra. "Thanks for helping us," I say. I don't know these people but if she could help a couple of strangers, she must be kind. "No problem. Now relax because I think you have a fever. After we get you all fixed up, I'll have Caleb cook something for you," she says.

I lean back and take off the wet clothes. Grandma Kyra rubs some ointment on my leg to make it heal better. "The rain really affected your ability to heal. You also twisted your ankle. You don't have a fever, thank goodness. Everything else seems fine," she says while wrapping my ankle. The ointment on my cut was stinging but a little pain was welcoming. It meant that I was still alive.

I close my eyes and try to think of what to do next. Should I stay here for a few days and give mom and dad more time to reach the safe house? Should I just leave now? "Would you like to shower first or just rest? Personally I think a good shower is just what you need but it's your choice," Grandma Kyra says while handing me a towel. "I think I'll shower. Thanks for everything Grandma Kyra," I say. Grandma Kyra laughs before saying, "Just call me Grams."