Ch. 19-Music

Thalia’s POV

   I’m in the warm arms of my mate now. Caleb feels so nice. I just want to stay here forever. A good night’s rest in this position has helped my wounds heal faster. I’m facing away from Caleb, but I can feel his even breathing on my neck. A small smirk plays on my lips as I think about what could happen today. I could occupy all of Caleb’s time today and make sure that there is a lot of kissing and touching. This definitely seems like a great idea to me.

  “Wake up Thalia,” Ayden says. I flutter my eyes open and see the clock first. It’s five fifty-five in the morning and I groan. When I meant six-ish I was hoping after six.

  ‘Get rid of him. Stay with mate,’ Cleo says. As much as I want to do that Cleo, I can’t. The sooner I clean this mess with Ayden the better. I look up and Ayden hands me a pen and paper. What am I supposed to do with that?

  “Leave a note for your boyfriend,” Ayden says. Oh right, note making, a skill that I have not come to grasp. I try to pull out of Caleb’s embrace, but he tightens. Caleb I really love you, but I’ve got to go. Cleo can you help?

  ‘Fine. Mate will be worried when he wakes up though,’ Cleo says. I roll my eyes and wait for some kind of signal.

  “Mate,” Caleb whispers and I notice his grip loosen. I owe you one Cleo. I’m able to get out of Caleb’s grasp now and quickly write a simple note. I yawn and do I quick roll of the shoulders. I feel stiff for some reason.

  “Be right back,” I whisper to Ayden before walking into the bathroom. I can’t go to the wizard dimension any kind of way. I brush my hair and leave it down. My curls have fallen but it’s still alright. It’s not like I want to be Miss America today. I’ll fix my hair when I come home.

   I quickly strap on my gun and knife before applying my scented lotion. What? It’s aroma therapy. I grab a few other items that might come in handy like rope if things get out of hand. I quickly walk out of the bathroom and into my closet. I put on a pair of jeans and a white button down shirt while rolling up the sleeves. Is this Caleb’s? Yes. His scent is everywhere. I’ll need this comfort. I make sure I have my small gold hoop earrings in my ear before giving Ayden the thumbs up. Ayden walks towards me and grabs my hand.

  “Hold on tight,” Ayden says and I watch the flames erupt around us. I blink and I’m in Ayden’s room. I want to learn how to do this.

  “Will you teach me how to travel,” I ask.

    Ayden smirks before saying, “Sure. If that means I can keep visiting you. I would like to get something called a beignet. Is that good?”

   I shrug and say, “I’ve never had one. I’ve jumped around from state to state. No need to get into my personal life though. Let’s get you out of this mess so I can get home.” Ayden releases my hand and opens the door for me.

  “Is it true that werewolves are inseparable from their mates,” Ayden asks. I glance at Ayden and although that’s common sense to me, it makes me realize how different Ayden and I are. Does Ayden think this way when I ask him questions about magic?

  “Yes in a way. If you’re asking if I can take a trip across the world without my mate, then yes. It’s just that with mates we always want the other person to be there. It’s not a need,” I explain as my father told me.

  “Cool,” Ayden says before leading the way down the hall. I see a lot of kids awake and can’t help but giggle. Caleb wouldn’t like this school.

  “Why are so many kids awake,” I ask curiously.

  “Astrologic wizards love these odd times. They’re a little crazy. My friend Comet should be out in the field. She gets really aggressive if you interrupt her schedule,” Ayden says. I want to meet her. I really just want to view other magic.  Ayden and I walk outside and I see a few people with maps and telescopes. Maybe I’ll get my wish.