Ch. 1-Family

HAHA! This is my werewolf story and I'm so excited about it! I hope everyone will enjoy it! Oh and an added bonus for you to look out for is this-My Je T'aime fans will have a surprise! A character from Je T'aime will be in this story. Who is it? When will the character arrive? That's what you'll have to look for!!!

*******************************

"Happy eighth birthday, Thalia! Blow out the candles," my mother said before pinching my cheeks. Mommy was holding my little two year old brother, Galen. I grinned and ran toward my cake. It was huge since I had to look up to see the pink and yellow cloud. "Here let me help," my older brother, Thomas said. Thomas picked me up and that sent me into a fit of giggles. "I could've done it," I squealed.

"Then I would have to wait until you turn nine to get a piece of cake," Thomas teased. I looked back at Thomas and the way his dirty blonde hair continued to get in his eyes. "Daddy said you should get a haircut," I said. "Daddy also said that you're not getting any presents," Thomas teased. "Don't tease my angel like that. It's her day so let her enjoy it," daddy said. I giggled before closing my eyes.

Everything was perfect at that moment. I blew out my candles and the pack cheered. Daddy's brother is the alpha so everyone was here. I saw Uncle Alpha from the corner of my eye hugging Aunt Alpha. Everyone was happy. Thomas put me down and mommy started to cut the cake. I wanted the first piece. "Here you go," Mommy said while handing me the best piece.

I giggled as I shoveled cake down my throat. Everything was perfect. Daddy walked toward me and kissed my hair. "Who's daddy's little girl," he asked while picking me up. "Me," I exclaimed in excitement. I loved daddy with all my heart and wanted to be his little girl forever. "Want to open a present," he asked. I nodded but never got to open that present.

Someone screamed and everything after the scream is a blur. I remember running out of the house holding Thomas's hand. I remember looking back and seeing the pack go up in flames. I remember the screams and eventually seeing Mommy, Daddy, and Galen outside of the pack borders. I remember choking from the smoke before passing out in Thomas's arms. That was all I remembered about the night vampires attacked my family's pack.

I'm Thalia Parsley Lemare. I'm fifteen years old now and live with my mother, father, and Galen. My older brother, Thomas made it out of the fire that day but two years ago he didn't return home. I think I should explain more. "Thalia where are you," my father calls out. "Washing dishes," I say. My family contains the only survivors from that vampire raid so now in order to support ourselves, we hunt vampires.

In a way, we're more like vampire assassins. We kill for all species but we can never stay at a house for long. My family has stayed in hotels, trailers, apartments, and alleys. The longest we've stayed in one place is three months. On a mission two years ago, Thomas volunteered to go alone. That was the last time I saw him due to our family policy.

If someone goes on a mission and isn't back in a week, we have to move immediately. Thomas wasn't back in a week. I remember his dirty blonde hair in his dark green eyes as he walked out of the door two years ago. Thomas is my brother but not by blood. Thomas was my dad's best friend's son and Thomas had nowhere else to go. All this happened before I was born and if Thomas is still alive, he's twenty one years old. I hate thinking that Thomas is dead but that is my reality.

"Sweetie we need to talk," my father says while snapping me back to reality. I turn around and see the worry lined face of my father. Dad still looks young with his muscular and tall build and his chocolate skin tone. Mom says that I have his brown eyes. My skin is a lighter milk chocolate and I keep my long brown hair curled and pinned back on the sides.