Ch. 7-Mall

Thalia's POV

"That skirt's too short," Vienna exclaims as Josella pushes her into a dressing room. "No its not! Aston will love it. Try it on," Josella says. I sigh before sitting on the ground and Josella turns toward me. "What's wrong Thalia," she asks. "I just feel stressed out. I don't know why," I reply. "It's probably Caleb. He left with Zeke this morning but he didn't tell me where. Aston sent them," Josella says while sitting next to me.

Oh. Maybe I shouldn't have ripped that note up then. Is that why I feel so stressed? "Here. Do you want to call him," Josella asks while handing me her phone. It's already ringing so I place it to my ear. I never carry phones with me. They're like tracking devices and if I was on a mission that isn't something I would need.

"What is it Josella," Caleb growls. "Tell Josie I said hi," Zeke says from a distance. "It's me. Thalia," I reply and the line grows silent. "Where are you," Caleb asks. I glance at Josella and she's choking herself. Not literally of course. Josella must not want me to tell Caleb where we are. "Around town. Where are you," I ask.

"Just...coming back from a baseball game," Caleb says. How in the world was that work? "Why didn't you take me? I enjoy baseball like the next girl," I reply and Josella raises an eyebrow. "I was working. If it was just to relax you know I would've brought you. Now I have to go. Stay safe alright," Caleb warns.I hear a lot of noise in the background so he must be busy.  "Sure thing dad. I should be worrying about you," I reply. Caleb laughs before hanging up.

"Thanks," I tell Josella while handing her the phone. "No problem. Vienna come out now," Josella hollars and I few women glance our way. "Nothing to see here," I say and most women turn away. Vienna walks out in a short white skirt and tries to pull it down. "I think its way too short," Vienna says. "No it's not! What do you think Thalia," Vienna asks.

"Maybe just a little," I reply and Josella rolls her eyes. "Traitor. Vienna you are going to buy it and wear it around the mall. It's nice," Josella says with determination in her voice. Vienna sighs before saying, "Alright." I probably would have done the same thing if I was Vienna. "I'm going to look around. Call me when we're ready to go to the next store," I speak up. "Alright," Josella says while flipping through a magazine.

I walk around and end up in a shirt section. Some of them were really nice. Others looked like they belonged at the ten cent store. Even some of the ten cent stores have nicer shirts. "Cute but I think you could do better. Why don't you get a tube top," someone says in my ear. I shriek before spinning around and taking out my knife. Ayden holds his hands up before whistling. "Wow. You're cute and dangerous. Let's put that blade away," he says.

"Sorry but you shouldn't sneak up on me like that," I reply. I decide to just put the blade in my purse. I don't want to scare someone else. "It's alright. I'm not that defenseless anyway," Ayden says while looking through the clothes and making funny faces. "You really shouldn't wear these cheap things," Ayden adds. "I was just thinking the same thing. Can I ask what you are," I asks. "That was a question in itself but sure. I'm a boy since I'm only seventeen. I like to read and experiment," he says while making me laugh.

"That's not what I meant and you know it," I reply. "Oh right. I'm a wizard and my chosen element is fire," he says. "What do you mean chosen element," I ask. "You're lucky they were talking about this in class today. A chosen element is an element that you feel the most strongly to. It doesn't only apply to earth, wind, fire, and water. There are chosen animal, astrological, medical, and cosmetic wizards. There are subdivisions of the main elements but that's a lot of book stuff. Boring 101," Ayden says.

I am talking to a wizard? "Aren't wizards really-get something to give something-type people," I ask. "In most cases but that's licensed wizards and no. I do not know anyone named Dorothy," he says. I giggle before saying, "You're pretty funny even if you are creeping me out with the appearing and disappearing thing." "Sorry about that. It really is the best way to travel though," Ayden says while scanning the room.