TASK THREE ENTRIES: FEMALE TRIBUTES

Start from the beginning

I spotted his bag not too far from the water and nodded towards it.

"Keep an eye out for the others," I said passing her my mace since I knew it would make crawling hard. "I'll sneak over there and grab it"

She let out a breath and looked up at me. I could see she felt bad about taking his food but she closed her eyes and nodded in agreement.

As quietly as I could I crawled forward.

As I got closer to the bag a silver glint caught my eye and I looked up at Elias. The light of the burning sun had reflected off the knife in his belt and took in a deep breath. He wouldn't even have to move to kill me if he caught me.

The closer I got the bag the more my hands shook. I feared that at any second he would turn around and see me.

I reached out my hand and grabbed the bag. I pulled it towards me happy at the weight I could feel. he seemed to have a good amount of supplies.

I pulled the bag over my shoulder and started to crawl back to Acadia but stopped when a ear piercing scream ripped through the trees. I was too far away to be Acadia, but close enough to terrify me.

I felt something sharp slice through my cheek and let out a loud yelp. I saw Acadia shoot up from the place she had been hiding a few feet ahead of me.

"Stop!" She shouted.

I felt something hard hit me from behind and push me down to the ground. The bag was forcefully pulled from my shoulder.

"Leave now and I won't kill you." Elias said as Acadia grabbed me by my arms and pulled me up from the ground.

"We're starving Elias," she pleaded.

He opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by another scream this time closer. Elias's eyes widened.

I snapped my head round to see what was behind me and gasped in shock.

The girl from four had just emerged from the trees covered in blood. She let out another scream at whatever it was she could see and tried to run but was knocked down to the ground by something black flying into her.

Seconds later another creature joined the first in attacking the girl.

Her screams grew louder and the three of us turned to run. I hoped the creatures hadn't seen us.

The girls screams died out quickly but almost as soon as they had the boom of a cannon filled my ears.

"What where those things?" Acadia half shrieked when we finally stopped running.

"Lets not wait around to find out," I said continuing to move through the trees.

My heart was pounding harder than it ever had in my entire life.

"It's too late for that," Elias breathed out pointing ahead of me at another one of the creatures.

I started to back up away from the thing but it flew at me. I raised a hand to protect myself but the things skin cut through my hands like a million razor blades and I let out a loud scream.

Just as the first creature flew past another one came at me and I stumbled out of the way but I wasn't quick enough and it caught my arm with its spiked tail and I fell to the ground in agony.

My vision was starting to blur but I could still make out a third creature coming at me. I scrunched my eyes closed and braced myself for the sharp pain of the attack but it never came. When I opened my eyes again Acadia was standing over me, my mace gripped tight in her hands as she swung at the creatures as they came in to attack.