The provocation in his words was unmistakable. Su Shiyu frowned at him, but he didn't argue. Li Yanzhen stared at Chu Mingyun for a moment, then wordlessly averted his gaze.

As they both walked out of the palace, snow was falling. Looking into the distance, everything was covered in a blanket of snow. Su Shiyu suddenly stopped, gazing at the leaden heavy clouds overhead, silent for a long time, the cold wind cutting through his throat. He watched Chu Mingyun, who had already walked several steps ahead, and suddenly called out, "Lord Chu."

His voice was scattered and broken by the wind. Chu Mingyun stopped and turned to look at him, "Hmm?"

Su Shiyu stepped forward, the accumulated snow underfoot making a fine crunching sound. He stood in front of him, slowly revealing a smile, "After the New Year's Eve seal is set, I will return home to change into my usual attire and then proceed. Thank you for your trouble."

"Proceed?" Chu Mingyun asked in surprise, "Lord Su, you wish to come to my residence?"

"Yes," Su Shiyu said, his breath forming a mist that dispersed, looking towards the distant pale sun, his tone gentle, "This winter day is indeed too cold."

Chu Mingyun failed to grasp his meaning, "...Lord Su, is your residence... lacking in charcoal fire?"

"Not to the extent of being that impoverished," Su Shiyu said with a light laugh, "What's the matter, didn't you just say you wanted to entertain me wholeheartedly? Do you no longer welcome me now?"

"How could that be," Chu Mingyun smiled, "I await your visit at any time."

The footprints in the snow were quickly covered, leaving no trace. They walked shoulder to shoulder, gradually moving away, blending into the vast snowy landscape.

In fact, what Li Yanzheng said was not wrong. Returning to his residence, he was alone, always sitting in front of the ancestral tablet through the night, ultimately lonely. Moreover, this winter day... was indeed too cold.

On New Year's Eve, the day was still considered clear, but as dusk approached, it suddenly began to snow. The sky was filled with clouds, the courtyard piled with snow, and the cold wind caused the window lattices to rattle.

Qin Zhao closed the windows tightly and turned to look at the person leaning on the soft couch. Chu Mingyun had already changed out of his official robe, holding a hand stove, half of his face buried in a white fox fur coat, his eyes closed as if he were sound asleep, his eyelashes curled long, his features peaceful.

As soon as Qin Zhao's footsteps sounded, Chu Mingyun spoke without opening his eyes, "Has he come?"

"It's still early," Qin Zhao said. "But since Su Shiyu is coming, shouldn't we decorate the house a bit?" His gaze swept over the furnishings, unchanged as always, "Of all Chang'an, I'm afraid our place has the least festive atmosphere."

"Do you find it not festive enough?" Chu Mingyun slowly lifted his eyelids, speaking with a smile that was not quite a smile, "Then how about we cut out some 'happiness' characters to paste on the doors and windows, and set up red candles and fruits? I and Su Shiyu will sit in the hall, and you and Du Yue can put on new clothes and pay your respects, how about that?"

"Brother," Qin Zhao looked at him with a collapsed expression.

After that day, although Qin Zhao and Du Yue had reconciled and seemed fine on the surface, their interactions had become dull. Qin Zhao, harboring things in his heart, naturally remained silent, and Du Yue, seeing him silent more often, wisely kept his mouth shut, and gradually they spoke less and less to each other.

Chu Mingyun laughed, not wanting to poke at his wounds anymore, and sat up, casually pushing his loose hair back, "There's nothing much to arrange. If Su Shiyu comes and is not satisfied, turning around and leaving would truly please me."