Chapter 67

Facing overwhelming odds and enduring successive attacks for so long, the shadow guards finally collapsed, their strength drained. With their bodies no longer obscuring the area, although the bamboo forest remained deep and mysterious, observers outside could vaguely discern the outlines within.

Suddenly, a burst of sword energy swept through, carrying the force to split mountains and shatter stones, ruthlessly swift. A figure flashed by, and two shadow guards fell to the ground. With this breach in defense, the assailant dashed straight into the depths of the bamboo forest!

The remaining shadow guards were locked in fierce combat with the mansion soldiers. One of them exclaimed, "Watch out, my lord!"

Chu Mingyun released Su Shiyu, turned around, and struck out with a palm. The palm wind surged like turbulent waves, causing the bamboo forest to rustle and tremble. The opponent, without dodging, directly faced it, deflecting the sword momentum but still stabbing decisively, piercing Chu Mingyun's side.

A successful strike. Liang Jin, despite feeling a heaviness in his chest, revealed a hint of a smile. Seizing the sword still lodged in his body, he fiercely twisted the long blade!

Chu Mingyun finally grunted, furrowing his brows as he looked at him.

Liang Jin withdrew the sword and stepped back a few paces before launching another attack, aiming to overwhelm him relentlessly, pressing forward until he could no longer counterattack.

However, Chu Mingyun skillfully defused his moves with a few maneuvers, seeming to slightly ease his breath. Seeing Chu Mingyun's eyes suddenly turn fierce, Liang Jin's heart chilled. Before he could react, he felt a sharp pain in his wrist, losing consciousness under the intense agony. His cry of pain was cut short as a hand gripped his throat, lifting him entirely off the ground, the long sword falling into Chu Mingyun's hand.

Chu Mingyun gripped his neck with one hand and pointed the sword at his shoulder with the other. After a moment's pause, he suddenly sliced off a chunk of flesh from his shoulder, blood splattering everywhere.

Liang Jin screamed in agony, his cries piercing and sharp due to the constriction around his neck, causing even the shadow guards standing nearby, with their backs turned, to feel their scalps tingle involuntarily.

Chu Mingyun exhaled slowly, his movements relentless. His voice was hoarse, "I told you I'd flay you alive, yet you insisted on walking right into my hands. Should I praise your obedience?"

The screams abruptly intensified, becoming even more harrowing and terrifying, continuing relentlessly until they turned hoarse, then sporadically into sobbing. After a while, there was finally silence, deathly quiet.

The shadow guards couldn't see what was happening, but they could see the horrified expressions on the faces of the mansion soldiers in front of them. They even involuntarily retreated, their eyes fixed on something behind the shadow guards, trembling all over, as if there were demons devouring people there.

"You two, come here."

The remaining two shadow guards exchanged a glance, deliberately ignoring the blood and flesh scattered on the ground as they walked to Chu Mingyun's side. "My lord."

Su Shiyu leaned against a sturdy bamboo tree, his head bowed and eyes vacant, seemingly unaware of his surroundings. Chu Mingyun squatted in front of him, using his blood-free hand to brush aside the stray strands of hair, and instructed the shadow guards, "Guard him well, nothing must happen to him." His voice paused slightly, and then he looked at Su Shiyu, continuing in a low voice, "He's my precious treasure."

"Yes," the shadow guards responded in unison.

Chu Mingyun picked up the sword and walked out, his steps unhurried as he strolled through the lush bamboo forest. With a light flick of his wrist, he shook off the blood staining the sword. The blade gleamed brightly, casting a flickering light on his face. This man, wielding the sword, was drenched in blood, his pale face splattered with countless drops of blood. Crimson pearls slid past his temples and along his black hair and porcelain-white jawline, a sight both terrifying and mesmerizing.