Chapter 85

The chaotic situation in the palace was quickly stabilized, and the night rain was still pouring.

In the end, to everyone's surprise, Chu Mingyun did not kill Li Yanzhen, but put him and Lu Qinghe under house arrest in the side hall.

Qin Zhao let out a long sigh, feeling that his nerves that had been tense all day finally relaxed a little, and opened the palace door.

The imperial study room had been cleaned. The newly replaced gauze curtains blew and fell with the wind, and the ashes had been swept away. Chu Mingyun sat behind the desk and studied a volume of documents, and raised his eyes to look at him. One glance, "Sit."

Qin Zhao sat down and handed the document over, "Let's see how it goes."

"What's this?"

"Field distribution order." Chu Mingyun said, "There are too many places that need to be reformed. I will write down a few points first."

Qin Zhao glanced through it roughly and handed the document back, "I can't understand it."

"Brother," Qin Zhao said, "Everything outside the palace has been settled. The ministers who refused to obey have been put under house arrest in their palace and guarded. Lu Shi, the Minister of Punishment, wanted to lead the soldiers to resist, but he has been suppressed." He paused. After a while, he still said, "I've also sent people over to the Su Mansion."

Chu Mingyun supported his chin with his hand and lowered his eyes, "He is still in the ancestral hall and hasn't come out?"

"yes."

After a long silence, Chu Mingyun suddenly said: "The Yulin Army has not made any movement until now. Li Yanzhen has woken up, but they have not received the order. I just had people search it. The deployed military symbols are not in the palace, nor on Li Yanzhen's body. "

"How could it be possible? Where could he have such an important thing if he didn't keep it by his side?" Qin Zhao reacted as soon as the words came out of his mouth, "...did he give the military talisman to Su Shiyu?"

Chu Mingyun frowned, sighed and said, "Send a few more shadow guards over to take a closer look."

"As soon as you see the soldier talisman, will you stop him first?" Qin Zhao asked tentatively.

Chu Mingyun shook his head gently, "No, just keep an eye on him."

Qin Zhao was puzzled, "Why?"

"A gentleman dies for his country," Chu Mingyun whispered, "I'm not afraid of anything except that he will commit suicide."

The next day in the court hall, except for the officials who were under house arrest, everyone else came early to wait for the new king. As the dawn bell rang, Chu Mingyun, dressed in a black imperial robe with gold patterns, sat down on the throne.

He raised his hand, and the eunuch on the side took the order and stepped forward, shook out the edict in his hand and read it loudly, echoing loudly. The ministers below were all happy at first, but after hearing a few words, their expressions suddenly stiffened and became weird.

This was actually a reform edict, which swept away the overlapping and confusing previous land policies and made them orderly. However, it was to restrain the powerful and wanton mergers and then carry out rectification and division.

There was a vague commotion below, and the Chu party officials looked at each other. They thought that after Chu Mingyun ascended the throne, he would naturally be more arrogant and domineering, but this first edict actually wanted to eradicate old evils, which was tantamount to digging out their meat.