Chu Mingyun followed inside, looked at Su Shiyu's retreating figure, and asked lightly, "Would you like a hug?"

Su Shiyu glanced at him, "Has Lord Chu not woken from his nap?"

Chu Mingyun smiled, looking at the scratches on the back of his hand, and sighed leisurely, "Lord Su, why put yourself through this? If you didn't come to investigate and just blamed me instead, it would have been much simpler. You could have eliminated a rival and saved your kin without being cursed like this."

"Lord Chu, you are mistaken," Su Shiyu stopped sorting the letters and spoke in an even tone yet resoundingly, "Kin or not, a wrong is a wrong."

Chu Mingyun looked at him amusedly, then shook his head and chuckled, "You really are a stone."

The case concluded, Chu Mingyun and Su Shiyu returned to the capital to report back on their mission. This brought great relief to the officials, who no longer had to live in constant fear. The court, both civil and military, congratulated them en masse, but their looks toward Su Shiyu grew complex. Even the idle chatter in teahouses expressed admiration, albeit with a hint of concern, about how the Imperial Censor had administered justice so impartially that it bordered on cold-blooded.

Su Shiyu, unaffected by public opinion, methodically handled the case, preparing the charges and judgements to be presented in the palace, where he submitted them for Emperor Li Yanzhen's review.

After reading the memorial, Li Yanzhen looked at him helplessly, "Su Aiqing, you truly handle affairs with impartiality, to the point of implicating even yourself."

"It is only right," Su Shiyu replied calmly.

"I would be losing a great support," the emperor set aside the document, "Su Hang took his own life out of guilt; there is no need to implicate his family. Moreover, those who are ignorant are innocent. His widow and daughter should be well cared for instead."

"Your Majesty…"

"Do not argue with me as you did last time," Li Yanzhen waved his hand, "Your loyalty is as clear as day and night. Su Hang's crimes are his own; I do not doubt you."

Su Shiyu lowered his eyes in silence.

Li Yanzhen sighed deeply, "Consider it a repayment for the loyalty your family has shown over generations. So many have died in this murder case; the air this autumn is already heavy with the smell of blood. There is no need to add more killing."

Su Shiyu managed a weak, tasteless smile and said no more, bowing deeply in gratitude. Just as he was about to say something else, he suddenly remembered Su Hang's words and fell silent for a while before asking, "Does Your Majesty have any doubts about this memorial?"

"I have always trusted your actions, Su Aiqing; I have no doubts."

Su Shiyu looked up at Li Yanzhen's graceful face, "Then, what is Your Majesty’s view on the Prince of Huainan?"

Li Yanzhen pondered for a moment, then shook his head, "These matters of state are best handled by you; I find them too difficult to decide." He flipped through the memorial again, puzzled, "Why did you not mention the Prince of Huainan here?"

Su Shiyu's gaze narrowed slightly, and he stood up, as usual, pulling another memorial from his sleeve and handing it over, "I was just getting to that."

"When the Great Ancestor established our dynasty and divided the fiefs among the princes, it was to protect the royal family and stabilize the realm. But now, a century later, the circumstances have changed. Led by the Prince of Huainan, the power of these princes has grown excessively, controlling vast territories and defying central commands, posing a threat. Therefore, it is imperative to reduce their power."