CH | 123

Jwalin held Pranavi in his embrace and circled his fingers on her back soothingly, hoping she'd calm down. In fact, he himself was shit scared when he saw her with vision and hearing loss all of a sudden, so he could understand how frightened she must be.

As he reminisced about her suffering, his blood boiled, and his mind was clouded with vengeance, and he was determined to find who was responsible for his baby girl's suffering.

"Babygirl?" Jwalin called softly when he heard the sound of footsteps coming in and she hummed, as she was lost in her thoughts and the termors in her body hadn't reduced yet.

"Deepak and the Doctor must be coming with your test results." Jwalin cooed while he patted her hair and cupped her cheeks while Pranavi held his hands and squeezed them a little and Jwalin peppered her face with kisses.

"We would go to our home once we got the medicine, baby girl. Can you be my good girl till then?" He asked with raised brows and Pranavi gave a faint nod while she didn't leave her hold on his sleeve and a soft smile tugged up on the corner of his lips.

As if on cue, Deepak and Mr. Hunter walked in with her reports in their hands, and Jwalin took Pranavi to occupy the seat while a complicated expression danced on the doctor's face.

Eyeing them, Mr. Hunter opened his mouth after he took a deep breath, "We found a drug in your blood, Mrs. Oberoi."

Hearing his words, Pranavi's eyes widened while Jwalin maintained a poker face, but the slight change in his expression was visible to Deepak.

And before Jwalin asked anything, Mr. Hunter spoke, "It's hydroxychloroquine. When mixed with your blood will cause temporary hearing and visionary loss, and also paralysis."

Jwalin clenched his hands into tight fists while Pranavi's jaw dropped hearing it and Mr. Hunter continued, "You are really fortunate that you didn't get Paralysis, Mrs. Oberoi. Or else your case must have become more complicated."

Deepak heaved a sigh of relief and jumped in while he gave a wink at Jwalin and Pranavi, "Yes.  You were indeed lucky Sister-in-law because the proportion of the drug isn't too much or else your life would have been put on the line and no need to worry since we have an antidote available."

Immediately, Jwalin enquired with furrowed brows, "Then she won't get another hearing and visionary loss again?"

"Yes. She won't. We will give her another drug that flushes out the toxins in her body." Deepak said and he added when his eyes flickered onto the Pale Pranavi, "You need to take lots and lots of rest, Sister-in-law. I can understand you must be frightened with all this, but trust me, you were all good now."

Pranavi mumbled after she cleared her throat, "Thank you, Deepak and Mr. Hunter."

They nodded and handed a list of medicines to Jwalin's hand and the doctor muttered, "Mrs. Oberoi should consume this medicine for two days just to be on the safe side. And she should eat and rest well so that her body won't have drastic effects."

"Alright." Jwalin said and before he stood up, he eyed Deepak and Doctor, "I believe in you guys. If this report turned out to be incorrect or she suffered again, don't blame me for being heartless to you both."

As soon as he said that, Deepak and Doctor had beads of sweat on their foreheads, and they inhaled a chunk of air and exchanged glances with each other, and Deepak was the first to break the ice, "We know what we're doing, Brother. Trust me, Sister-in-law is perfectly alright. You just need to find out who did this to her."

Jwalin nodded and queried, "This won't have any side effects with the medicine she's already taking, right?"

The doctor shook his head and mumbled as calmly as he could when Jwalin's domineering aura was making him shit scared because there was no doubt Jwalin can destroy him in a flick of his finger if something went wrong, "yes, Mr. Oberoi. I made sure of it."