CH | 82

Walking out of Seth Enterprises, Pranavi glanced at her watch and her lips curled slightly upwards as she didn't miss the appointment.

Scrolling through her mobile, she opened her WhatsApp and messaged in their group, "Coming?"

Almost instantly, Aarushi dropped a message, "Yep. I'll be there in an hour, winding up an investigation for a case."

And in the next second, Shreya replied, "I just finished my class, on my way to the mall."

"Awesome!" Pranavi responded while her eyes gleamed as she was indeed excited to shop for a pretty dress as she was looking forward to going to the banquet with Jwalin.

Although it was a week later, she was just too excited and decided to shop early, while she blatantly rejected Jwalin's offer to arrange a dress for her, and he reluctantly gave in to her, as he pretty much couldn't do anything to his 'dearest wife' except doting on her more and more as days passed by.

Moreover, Aarushi said Kuldeep asked her to accompany him to the same banquet as well, so they decided to shop together and tagged Shreya as she pretty much loved to shop.

With that, she hailed a cab and closed her eyes to relax herself in the meanwhile, and she fell asleep while a frown was settled on her beautiful face.

The grip on her handbag tightened and she shut her eyes in a painfully tight way while beads of sweat formed on her forehead, as the voices from which she was freed from some time ago reappeared in full force as it was just two days from the most dreaded day; her family's death day!

The little Pranavi was lying down in the pools of blood while the heavy rain drenched her and when she tilted her head suppressing the pain in her head, she saw the lifeless bodies of her mother, father, and brother.

A fresh stream of tears dripped from her eyes in never-ending waves and her cries were becoming louder but there was no one that was assisting her.

"How can you be happy while you ruined a family?" A sharp voice roared in her head, making her cringe at the cruelness it held.

And a series of chuckles followed by while goosebumps emerged on her skin and she was struggling to open her eyes, but her attempts were up to no avail as if she was stuck in that dreadful memory with no way out.

She was often confused about whether it was just a nightmare or it was a pathetic memory stored in her subconscious, but she was too scared to dig in as she would reopen the wounds that she was trying so hard to heal.

"We will make sure that she won't feel blessed because sinners like her didn't deserve it!" Another menacing tone was heard in her mind and her eyes turned wet.

"The life she had now should be only used to repay for her sins!" A shrill sound reverberated in her ear and she dug her nails into her soft palms so hard, that they started to bleed, but she didn't feel any pain, nor she was coming out of that nightmare despite her desperate attempts.

"She should lead a life worse than hell! She deserves it." As soon as the words escaped from the man's mouth, she saw the little Pranavi lying on a hospital bed facing four doctors with terrible expressions that scared the shit out of her and she yelled, thrashed, and roared with all her might but no one came to her aid.

And the little girl was painfully aware when they tied her to the hospital bed forcefully despite her protests and she cried until her throat went hoarse but the pain in her body heightened, while their laughs seemed to be mocking her helplessness while the syringes were pushed into her body, and she had no idea what sort of medicines she was injected with, while dread settled in her insides.