CH | 83

Pranavi fisted his shirt in her small hands and buried her head in his chest while faint muffles could be heard and he felt her body trembling while his grip on her waist tightened. 

He patted her head, while his jaw clenched as he was ready to destroy whoever made his baby girl cry, and he was minutes away from passing an order but she wasn't saying anything except hugging him, as if she was afraid that he would disappear if she let her arms hang loose.

Anyhow he had his ways of knowing what happened because his baby girl was too lost in her sadness and he knew she wasn't ready to say anything to him at that moment. 

He decided he would teach a lesson to whoever bullied his precious wife, and he grabbed his mobile and typed in a message to Ashok, "I want all information on Pranavi's day, today. You have thirty minutes."

After that, he threw his phone aside and a soft peck landed on her forehead, but she was hell-bent on not raising her head to meet his eyes because she knew how terrible she must be looking right now with all her hair disheveled, snot slightly dripping from her nose as she cried really hard for a really long time, her eyes were swollen, and her cheeks were damp, and the saltiness from her tears even spread to her plump lips as she felt it when she licked her slightly dry lips.

Understanding her insecurities, he shook his head while a sigh escaped his lips because he truly didn't understand what he should do to make her believe that she was beautiful to him even now.

Maybe that was because beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

It was pretty much possible when it came to Jwalin because he knew he had fallen in love with Pranavi, really hard and there was no way he would feel disgusted by her even when she smelled like dirt! So a little messy appearance wasn't much of his concern, although he was actually a clean freak!

But when it came to her, his cleanliness obsession was pushed to the bottomless pit, as he had more gut-wrenching concerns when it came to his precious baby girl.

Although he was boiling in rage to punish the people responsible for her misery, he controlled his temper by balling his fists and took a deep breath, and softly called her, "Babygirl, look at me."

As he said that, he settled his index and thumb finger on her chin and raised her head with force when she was reluctant, and he queried with furrowed brows, "Didn't you know I need an answer when I asked you a question, baby girl?"

Pranavi nodded while sniffing and he pulled a few tissues from the nearby table and wiped her face when she stared at him dumbfounded, and the words escaped her mouth involuntarily, "Weren't you disgusted by me, right now?"

Hearing her words, he gave an 'Are you crazy' look and shook his head, and mumbled, "It didn't matter how you are, because, to me, you are always my baby girl."

As soon as the words escaped his mouth, a bucket of sweetness spread across her insides because it was really rare for Jwalin to say such sweet words.

And to be honest, if she was in her right state of mind she would probably be elated and jump on him, but she just let out a slight smile and winked at him, and he released a sigh of relief seeing her pretty smile.

"Jwalin..." She trailed off, not knowing how to say and what to say because she herself wasn't sure of many things in her life and the fear of being rejected by Jwalin was weighing her down.

Because call her selfish, but she wasn't ready to let go of the only source of light in her life, which was her relationship with Jwalin. Nope, strike it off, the presence of Jwalin in her life!