CH | 21

Standing in front of the large window, Pranavi stared at the peaceful sky turning grey with the heavy breeze hitting her face making her feel at peace.

The natural aroma in the air soothed her fresh wounds Jwalin caused this morning. She was lost in the beauty of the climate when her phone rang, breaking her daze. Peeping at the screen, she answered with a sigh.

"Veer?" Pranavi asked, in her polite tone, since she was not well accustomed to him.

"Where were you?" Veer queried while typing something on his laptop.

"Um... ugh, I'm at home," Pranavi mumbled, inhaling a sharp breath.

"What?" He almost screamed, making her frown.

"Didn't we all agree that we would meet at 08:00 am sharp?" Veer asked while Mithul was showing him some designs he had prepared.

"Well, yes," she said, still absent-minded with the events that happened earlier that day.

"Didn't you see the time?" He added, making her brows twitch, and glanced at the nearby wall, which showed "09:00 Am."

Eyeing that, Pranavi was jolted awake and cussed, "What the..."

Smacking her lips together while rubbing her forehead in annoyance at herself, she quickly added, "I'm so sorry. I'll be there shortly."

"That's okay. Make sure you don't repeat it again." He added, a bit sternly, disappointed that she wasn't punctual!

"Got it." With that, she hung up and ran to the walk-in closet.

Quickly opened her closet, and her eyes settled on a black turtle neck T-shirt to cover her marks.

Paired it with blue wide-legged denim, hair tied in a high ponytail, applied light makeup to look presentable, and put on nude lipstick.

Glancing at herself once again, she gave a satisfied nod to herself and put her belongings in her tote.

When she was about to step out of the villa, she remembered that she hadn't got her bike yesterday.

An annoying groan escaped her plump lips since she had no way to get out of the location unless she walked!

With no choice, she stretched her hands and legs and took a look at her sneakers.

A grateful smile appeared on her face since she wore them, or else she'd be done if she walked so much in heels!

Eyeing at her watch, her eyes went wide, "it's already 09:30 am?"

Shaking her head, she decided, "It'd be better if I ran." With that, she patted her shoulders in encouragement, since she was sure she'd receive weird glances if she ran in broad daylight.

But alas, she didn't have that much time to think about others.

With a deep sigh, she scheduled a cab and plugged the Bluetooth device into her ears with music on. With her fists clenched, she started running.

On the other hand, Jwalin had his business meeting in a nearby place and was on his way in his black Bugatti.

He closed his eyes to have some peace because Pranavi had disturbed him really badly since yesterday!

With a lot of thoughts going on in his mind, he just wanted to stop her from appearing in his mind and deviating him, but it was becoming so damn difficult!

He questioned himself, "Why the fuck am I losing my self-control when I'm near her?"

It's not like he was a hungry teenage boy who was eager to have a little sex. In fact, he was a well-experienced man, but it was just his body reacting to her presence, overpowering his mind.