CH | 41

At JN Residence, a couple weeks later

Pranavi snuggled closer to her pillow as coldness seeping through her body made her shiver, a frown settled on her forehead, yet she was unwilling to open her eyes.

The frosty climate outside with the mix of air conditioner made her room extremely chilly, and her lips quivered though she was curled up in her quilt.

As she was in her deep sleep, she witnessed blood dripping on the road. Startled by the sudden change, she's puzzled and scared.

Her chocolaty doe eyes wandered around her where people were screaming. She's striving to keep herself awake though she's drowned in the pungent smell of blood.

In front of her laid her brother with his eyes closed while his white shirt was drenched in blood.

Her tiny hands moved towards her brother and shook him while tears were oozing like an endless ocean.

Slowly, she lost consciousness while murmuring, "Save us."

Meanwhile, the maids heard some wails while passing by her room and immediately informed the Butler about it.

Listening to the maids, the Butler instantly came near the room and witnessed the cries from inside. Alarmed by the turn of events, he ran to notify Jwalin about it.

Meanwhile, Jwalin stood in front of the vanity mirror in his black suit tucking his cufflinks. With the gelled hair and trimmed stubble, the tinges of his shower gel mixed with his cologne, and body scents gave a unique fragrance.

He's like a model landed from heaven with his distant yet devilishly handsome appearance, and his sharp gaze with the deep black pools added him a mysterious aura.

When he was getting ready, a loud thump disturbed him. His eyes shifted to the door with a narrowed gaze while a frown settled on his face since he had given strict orders to not disturb him.

"Sir?" The Butler knocked on Jwalin's door carefully.

Identifying the concern in his tone, Jwalin said a quick come-in, while he squinted in thought.

Almost immediately, the Butler barged in with panic in his eyes.

Looking at his distressed appearance with unsteady breaths, Jwalin paused his actions and asked indifferently, "What's wrong?"

Gazed at Jwalin, the Butler gulped and answered with worry, "It's about madam."

He frowned and hummed while allowing the Butler to continue speaking.

"We overheard some cries from madam's room. We don't know what happened either."

Instantly, Jwalin's temperament changed. With a nod, he added, "Let me see."

With that, he strode to her room and placed his ear on the door. To his surprise, he did listen to her wails from inside.

"What happened to her? She was fine yesterday!" He wondered and stood there.

As time passed by, the shrieks increased, and they were all stunned, not knowing what to do.

Taking a deep breath, he pondered, "If I opened the door, am I violating her privacy?"

He scratched his head in annoyance while his inner voice pushed him, "She's your wife. There shouldn't be any privacy issues."

After thinking for a minute, he decided to open the door but it was locked from the inside.

He squinted as the realization sunk in, that she had woken up in the middle after he left her last night. Inhaling a chunk of air, he ordered, "Get me the spare key."