CH | 89

Pranavi sat in the classroom with Shreya, but her mind was clouded with the upcoming appointment, and she was so tormented in her heart by her decision that she couldn't even focus on what was happening in the class.

She even wondered, "Did I easily give in to Jwalin?"

With her hands resting on her chin while her elbows settled on the desk of her chair, a thought flashed across her mind, "What if I just skipped it using some excuse?"

Although she was tempted, she knew she couldn't do it because the least she wanted was to disappoint Jwalin.

Moreover, after knowing how much effort he put into convincing her and how he even went to great lengths to let Deepak get the best psychiatrist, she was conflicted because if she missed it, she would not only upset Jwalin, instead, she would embarrass him in front of them all, and she would never want that.

Because she knew how mighty her husband is, and she couldn't bear to see the unyielding and unapproachable man fail in front of them because of her stupid fears.

As the unrelenting thoughts kept her occupied, she let out a frustrating sigh while her pearly white teeth sunk into her pouty plump lips.

Seeing her, Shreya raised her brows and murmured, "Duffer, what's wrong?"

But Pranavi was totally in her own world and didn't listen to her words when a scowl settled on Shreya's face and she tapped Pranavi's shoulder with the fiddling pen in her hands and Pranavi glanced at her, startled as she jolted out of her la la land.

"Where were you?" Shreya mocked while her gaze was teasing as if Shreya knew what she was thinking.

And when Pranavi remained silent, Shreya's lips curled upwards, as she blurted with a knowing smile, "Were you thinking about Jwalin?"

"Huh!" Pranavi exclaimed but she didn't say anything else and understanding she was a little off, Shreya narrowed her gaze and peeped at her, but remained silent while quoting in her mind to talk to her after class.

Soon, the class was done, but she didn't even know when it was done because all she did was write mindless words and paint ugly sketches on her book, trying to get a grip on herself, and didn't even glance at the professor for a second.

Eyeing her lost in thoughts, Shreya patted her shoulder with a frown when Pranavi met her eyes but said nothing when Shreya sighed, "Girl, what happened to you today?"

Hearing her words, Pranavi muttered with a pout, "I was just... ugh... I don't know."

Understanding Pranavi needed her space after seeing the troubled look dancing on her face, Shreya nodded and dragged her out from her chair, "let's have ice cream?"

As soon as Pranavi heard the word ice cream, her mood slightly improved and she jumped while mumbling, "I need it the most, duffer! Let's go."

A soft smile spread on Shreya's face as they strolled through the busy campus corridors and reached the parking lot.

But since Pranavi was coming in a car these days, Pranavi felt it's been ages since her hands held the handle of the bike and she yelled, "I'm gonna ride it."

"Alright," Shreya mumbled and hopped in the back as the ride was pretty near, and soon the bike roared at full speed as Pranavi very much needed the rush to calm down her nerves.

As the cool breeze hit her cheeks while her hair was flowing freely, her lips curled upwards, and in no time the bike took a halt across their usual ice cream parlor.

Jumping out of the bike, they strode in lazily and ordered their large chocolate flavored icecreams and their eyes scanned the bustling parlor.

Pranavi licked her lips and found an empty table in the corner and they walked to it and occupied the empty chairs lazily.