CH | 121

Another super long chapter lovelies.

I do need a good number of comments and votes.

Enjoy...

...

Jwalin directly marched into the hospital and went straight to the ICU ward, knowing Pranavi was in there.

His steps came to a halt when he saw Pranavi leaning her head on the wall while her eyes were slightly closing and opening, and it seemed she was struggling to stay awake.

Eyeing her, his lips curled upwards ever so gently and settled beside her and made her rest her head on his shoulder, while his hand rested on her waist.

As if noticing his presence, she murmured weakly, "Jwalin?"

He hummed hearing that, while his eyes gleamed at her and she rubbed her eyes while a yawn escaped her lips and he cooed, "Sleep, baby girl. I'd arrange someone to take care of things here."

"Alright," Pranavi said as she knew he would handle it well, in fact, much better than herself.

With that, he gave a soft peck on her forehead when she instantly shut her eyes and comfortably buried herself in his embrace while her hands held his waist in a tight grip.

In fact, it was way too tight than he could handle!

But seeing her so immersed in holding him, he didn't have the heart to reject her and let her continue holding him however she wanted.

When he was sure she was asleep, he gently let himself slip from her hold and walked to Leela who was silently crying, and called her in his usual cold tone, "I have already gone through Mr. Mehta's file and let Deepak arrange the best doctors to treat him. So, he'd be alright."

Leela was stunned hearing that, but she didn't dare to utter any word as his aura seemed way too overpowering and she nodded appreciatingly.

With a slight pause, he added, "I already paid the bill and deposited some amount in the hospital. So, you don't need to bother about the medical bills either."

"Thank you so much, Son-in-law," Leela exclaimed wholeheartedly as she was still frightened by the scene she had seen earlier.

Eyeing her, Jwalin gave a curt nod, "Then I'd take Pranavi away. She'd come again to visit when she took enough rest."

Leela's mouth parted as if she wanted to say something, however, ended up nodding her head when she took in the sharp glare Jwalin was giving, which was demanding her to not object to his decision.

And she seemed to know what was good for her and muttered, "Alright. Take good care of her."

Jwalin hummed and walked to Pranavi's sleeping form and picked her up in his arms while his eyes took a sharp turn from frosty to tender.

Seeing how he treated Pranavi, Leela didn't feel so good as she selfishly thought how good it would be if Jwalin married her daughter instead of Pranavi.

But instantly shook her head and smacked her cheeks to stop thinking foolishly while Jwalin had already left with Pranavi, without even sparing a glance at her.

...

Jwalin carefully placed Pranavi onto their bed and tucked her in the quilt and slipped himself in while he pulled her to his embrace and closed his eyes, as he too was exhausted, but Tushar's warning rang in his head, and he wondered, "is she in danger?"

But if she is in any danger, then why wasn't he aware of it?

However, he decided to not take any chances and grabbed his mobile from the nightstand beside the bed and instantly arranged another four people from his personal team of guards whom he handpicked a long time ago to follow her.