CH | 22

Jwalin seated himself in the swiveling chair, his suit resting on the sofa nearby, his hair messed up with the number of times he raked with his slender fingers.

His gaze was immersed in the documents he was about to sign off, with his legs crossed, holding the pen in one hand, the other hand resting leisurely on the table.

The shining sun rays falling on his handsome face from the slightly ajar window accentuated his sharp features.

The seriousness on his face, deep black eyes, his sharp nose, sexy lips, chiseled jaw, and slight beard highlighting his contours made him appear like a sexy male model coming straight out of a movie.

Tapping his fingers on the table while thinking of the solutions, with his brows raised, he closed his eyes, and in the next instant, his focus diverted to the earlier incident with Pranavi.

His glare hardened, and his fists clenched. Inhaling a deep breath, he muttered under his breath, "I need to stop this!"

Pinching in the middle of his eyebrows in annoyance, he shook his head to remove Pranavi from his thoughts. A frown settled on his alluring face, and he was back to his aloof, cold, and no-nonsense look, just to get his 'beloved wife' off his mind.

As if on cue, Ashok knocked on the door and entered with a file in his hands. Jwalin glanced at him in puzzlement, and Ashok answered while pushing it towards Jwalin, "The report related to Mr. Ujjwal's accident."

Jwalin gave a stiff nod and queried, "How are renovations going with the villa?"

"They will be done in a couple of days, Mr. Oberoi," Ashok stated and left when Jwalin waved his hand.

With a sigh, Jwalin eyed the file and immediately opened it to see the contents of it because he was eager to find out whether it was just an accident or someone had done it intentionally.

To his surprise, everything was showing pretty normal, and it was just an accident because Ujjwal was driving while fighting off his sleep.

But it was too good to be true to Jwalin!

He knew his friend well, and there would be no way that Ujjwal would do such a stupid thing. But the CCTV cameras, the doctor's statements, everything said only one thing. That was, Ujjwal was the one at fault.

But he couldn't believe it because he sensed something was wrong, but he couldn't pinpoint it exactly.

With that, he ordered Ashok to dig deeper and find out what happened on the day of the accident. Because Jwalin needed to be sure and couldn't relax unless everything was clear to him and under his control.

The day went by quickly without much influence of Pranavi on Jwalin, and he was glad of the result. Or else, he didn't know what he would do to stop his thoughts from drifting off to Pranavi.

...

At Lake View Cafe

In their reserved room

Pranavi put the laptop in her lap with her legs folded on the couch, and her eyes glued to the screen with her hair tied up in a bun, leaving a few strands to fall on her tiny face.

While she was analyzing the ideas proposed by the team members without having a minute to relax, since there was a deadline for the contest, they were still figuring out what to choose.

Her head throbbed with the continuous staring at the screen, but she couldn't stop in the middle, since they decided to get the practical product analysis to be done in the same week, and it was her responsibility.