CH | 37

Glanced at him with her eyes popping out with mouth agape as she heard him saying those possessive words, she didn't know how to react.

For a moment, she felt maybe, just maybe, this marriage would work. But, Jwalin being the 'typical Jwalin', he dropped the bomb like a bucket of ice-cold water on her, "Don't jump to any stupid conclusions. I reacted because the reporters blackmailed me with your photos."

In reality, who had the guts to blackmail when with a single flick of his finger, he could smash the entire channel? But Pranavi had no time to think about all this.

On the other hand, he didn't want to admit that he was becoming fond of her and he was developing feelings for her, especially not like this when he was clouded by suspicion and rage!

She narrowed her eyes as her eyes never left him. In this process, she forgot she was still in the towel in his proximity, who was a beast.

"My reputation was very important to me, and I don't allow my so-called wife to ruin it overnight." He stated in his curt tone, glaring at her eyes while towering over her petite frame.

Listening to his words, she rolled her eyes at him, which caused a volcano to erupt in him.

In an instant, he gripped her cheeks roughly, and she was startled by his sudden action while a squeal escaped her lips, making him increase his force.

"Do you find this amusing?" He gritted his teeth while a storm was brewing in his pitch-black eyes, and her gaze lingered on his deep obsidian eyes, which had the depth to swallow an ocean and make her drown in his orbs.

He was not a man of many words, and his face hardly showed emotions other than anger, but she found his eyes expressive, though until now, she had never truly observed them this close without fright.

She was struggling with herself to keep her focus on his frosty eyes, though a tornado was rising in her gut with his firm grip, which was making it hell difficult for her except to succumb to him.

His gaze lingered on her blanched face. She's not a foodie and after she stepped into the Oberoi Mansion, she became a very less eater as she did not have much appetite, turning her more pale.

Eyeing her, his gaze turned covetous, as the desire to claim her popped into his mind, to mark her as his, to make sure no other man lay a hand on her, His Wife!

There was something in him that was changed that didn't go unnoticed by her, but she couldn't pinpoint it. But her mind screamed one thing, "Whatever it might be, it's definitely not for your good."

With the constant alarms from her inner voice, she was becoming more paranoid with each passing second, but he remained unwavering. The intensity in his chilled, inky black eyes was now shining with a strong force determined to possess her.

His breath became ragged, and she shuddered to imagine what he might do to her in his madness. She gulped while moving away from him and hugged the towel on her skin, which was the only cloth left on her nude body.

The pressure and time he took on cleaning her made her skin sore, and gazing at him now, the vibes weren't good for her. She reflexively tried to get out of his sight, but he had other plans.

"Where do you think you're going?" A deep husky voice asked in her ear, making her shiver in his proximity.

Surprisingly, the cold man had a warm body, his hot breath fanning in her ears made her shiver, and she clutched the towel in her grip as it was the only thing that could save her from him.

"I...I w... want to..." She trailed off, not knowing how to say them without offending him. Because he's not a lenient man, and his patience is always on a thin line which she understood clearly in this little span of their married life.