CH | 92

Jwalin and Pranavi hopped into the car while silence prevailed in the dark night as Jwalin was afraid of saying the wrong thing or asking something that might make her uncomfortable, while Pranavi, on the other hand, was worried about her result.

Although she knew she was healthy, sometimes she would also wonder what was wrong with her head, and the tremorous feeling had now settled in the depths of her heart, and a frown was dancing on her face.

Peeking at her from the corner of his eyes, he couldn't help but pull her closer with his large hand now wrapped around her waist in a protective grip and she landed almost onto his lap when he smirked, satisfied with the result.

Staring into her clouded amber orbs, he lifted his eyebrow and raised his index finger to smooth out her wrinkled forehead while his other hand fixed on her back as he lazily drew circles, while her legs were dangling on both sides of him, and her hands settled on his sturdy chest.

For a second she just eyed him with her intense pools but said nothing and dropped her head onto the crook of his neck and laid comfortably in his embrace, when he gladly respected her wish of staying hushed and didn't intend to break it, because they both were accustomed to being silent and it wasn't awkward in the least as they quite enjoyed the serenity it provided to their chaotic hearts.

She could sense his wildly beating heart as her tiny palm was on his heart, and the intensity of his pulse made her startled, and she drew her hands onto his back and pushed herself closer to his warm body like a second skin as if trying to embed her very being into his every bone.

Seeing her action, the corners of his lips curled upwards and he patted her hair in a doting gaze trying to hide the pain he was feeling in the depths of his heart for his baby girl because he just couldn't get the words she said earlier out of his head.

They were the narration of her troublesome past, which cast a dark shadow on her and couldn't possibly leave her for the rest of her life.

He decided to do everything in his power to make her feel better and never let her feel unloved or unimportant to him because he almost couldn't breathe when he heard her having suicidal thoughts.

Although he was glad that she hadn't abused herself in the past couple of years, it pricked his heart when she stated she was still having those thoughts, but somehow she was controlling herself to not let those damn annoying voices rule over her, and ruin her life.

As he was lost in his thoughts, she slowly drifted asleep while his grip on her tightened as he took a whiff of her natural fragrance and placed a peck on her hair and temples, without disturbing her sleep.

By the time the car came to a halt, he carefully stepped down and held her in his arms in bridal style and marched into the house in steady steps, and placed her on their bed.

Glancing at her sleeping peacefully, with her eyes closed shut without any scowl dancing on her face, he was relieved and walked to the closet.

Without thinking much, he grabbed his black T-shirt and settled on the bed beside her. Slowly, he licked his lips before he lifted her dress off and changed it to his T-shirt, tucked her in the quilt without much difficulty, and placed a wet kiss on her forehead.

And then he strode to the bathroom and quickly took a shower, slipped into his loungewear, and climbed into the covers. As the bed dipped down with his weight, he tugged her closer to him and made her sleep on his hand with her face rubbing his naked chest, but he was far from turned on, as his mind was a mess.

Stating he was nervous would be an understatement because he was never the type to not have control and let the unknown rule him, but now he was left with no choice except to wait for the damn result, and that was driving him insane as he had no fucking clue about her health.