CH | 32

Stood on the balcony with a cigarette in his slender hands, his sleeves were let loose, his silky hair was messed up, and a gloomy aura was emanating from him.

He was upset with how the events turned out. He didn't want it to end in that way with Pranavi, but he knew he had taken it overboard and messed it up! Real bad!

While the freezing breeze was hitting him and the sky turning slowly dark, her thoughts didn't leave his mind for once.

Those teary amber eyes, the innocence, and pain they held in those depths shook him. The fear she had in her bones triggered him.

Although he didn't know what happened to her, he was sure she had experienced something bad, he might presume with her reactions.

But the most pressing question he didn't have an answer for himself was, "why the fu'k am I getting affected by her tears?"

He was constantly asking himself the same question over and over from the time she had left, but he couldn't get a definite answer, which was frustrating him.

Her drooping shoulders and lonely back made his heart prick with an unknown emotion that he knew he shouldn't feel! But as if his destiny was playing games with him, everything was going against his plans, which was irritating and driving him nuts.

Jwalin usually hated it when a woman cried. He often thought it was a pathetic excuse. But today, when she saw Pranavi letting her tears fall helplessly, something triggered in him.

Was it Pain? Guilt? Anger? Regret? He didn't know himself.

Sensing this was unlike him because he never lost control, he was never emotional, but from the time Pranavi literally barged into his peaceful life, everything was out of control, including him!

It was bothering him because he knew she was affecting him, and he didn't want that. He never wanted to dwell in bullsh*t under the name of love and romance.

He lost all his belief in love when Brinda betrayed him years ago and made him an empty shell. She took his once bright smile, and it never appeared on his handsome face in these six years.

His shattered heart was tightly wrapped in his insides, and he often wondered whether his broken heart could be lively ever again? And he knew the answer. It should be a No!

Because he couldn't afford to invest himself emotionally again with the burden of Oberoi Entreprises on his shoulders.

His grandfather and father made him a cruel, cold, and indifferent man through the rigorous training he received during his childhood.

Moreover, he knew he shouldn't have any weaknesses to sit on the throne and rule the Oberoi's single-handedly.

When he was in his thoughts, "Pranavi was different than Brinda." His heart added, but his mind pushed it aside, "She's no different than her. All women only need the benefits they can get from you, and she was nothing special."

"Fu'k." He cursed since he didn't even want to waste his one precious second thinking of Brinda.

Brinda, by just reminiscing the name, his veins popped up on his forehead in anger.

Clutched his fists, he gave a punch to the wall and closed his eyes shut to gather his thoughts.

But he knew he needed a break from all of this to get a grip on himself. Shaking his head, he decided a good drink would help him clear his head.

Swirling his phone in his hands, he finally accepted a private meeting invitation from one of his partners to divert himself, and the best way for him was to drown in the business!