CH | 26

It's been a week since she last saw Jwalin, and she was glad because she still wasn't accustomed on how to face him after the embarrassing incident that took place on that night when he almost saw her half-naked.

Although she was super busy with the contest and the majority of the burden resting on her shoulders, she was happy that she got a distraction from all those tormenting things in her life.

Now she was used to the Oberoi Mansion but never spoke much to any of them except Aditi.

Moreover, she usually leaves early in the morning without even having breakfast and comes late to have dinner when most of them are asleep. So, she didn't have any trouble with anyone, since they didn't even see much of her presence.

Though sometimes she wondered where Jwalin would be, then again, she told herself repeatedly, that it was none of her business.

Because she knew they weren't living like a real married couple in love. She wasn't a fool to believe Jwalin was nice to her just because he wasn't angry with her these days and took her to dinner.

Anyhow, he never bothered to even ask how she was doing. So, she thought about doing the same and acting like she wasn't present in his life.

Because that would be better than seeing the enraged monster in him, which would scare the shit out of her.

Those cold eyes always terrified her when they turned pitch black in rage. The coldness brewing in those onyx pools always chilled her insides, but getting a week's break from him was a good start for her to sort out her things and mind.

Moreover, his presence was affecting her thoughts, and it was a pleasing thing to put a full stop to him and get back to her previous life, or at least pretend to be in her previous life and get things back on track!

...

Pranavi grabbed the cup of warm coffee, and the smell of caffeine instantly energized her as she took a sip of it while working on her laptop.

When she was immersed in her work with her legs crossed, her laptop settled on the small table, her fingers typing busily, when Veer came to her and tapped on her shoulder, making her pause, and glance at him.

With a questioning look, she asked, "What?"

"Could we make it?" Veer asked with a frown when she stopped her work and closed the laptop while disbelief was written across her face.

"If you're not confident, then you can quit. Why are you wasting my time here?" She queried with her raised brows when he stiffened.

With a sigh, he grabbed the nearby chair and seated in front of her, "that's not what I mean!"

Pranavi shook her head in disappointment, "it's been hardly a week, and you're already running out of inspiration, Veer?"

"No, I just wanted to know where we stand." He added while smacking his lips and stroking his stubble.

"We could nominate our project details tomorrow. Don't worry." Pranavi said, when he left a breath he didn't know he was holding, and seeing the relaxed expression on his face, she chuckled in satisfaction.

"That's super good news. You made it then!" He yelled in happiness while his eyes were crinkled, and she gave a soft smile.

"Let's wrap it up and take a chill pill," Pranavi added to him with a wink, and he planted his hand on her shoulder and gave a light squeeze making Pranavi freeze, and she pushed almost instantly.

Although they had become good acquaintances in the past week, she wasn't comfortable with his over-enthusiasm and the sudden intimacy because of her social phobia.