CH | 45

Jwalin gave a stiff nod while his questioning glare was clear to her. She's wondering whether he's angry with her or not, but she's unable to decipher his emotions as he's an expert in hiding them.

His face is always blank and cold to her. The only emotions that are often visible are rage and annoyance. But now, she couldn't even find them.

She was thinking of what to say to him, but words weren't coming out of her mouth. His presence is enough for her to drown her words in her throat.

Taking a deep breath, she stared at him and muttered with her gaze so sincere that almost melted him, "I'm sorry, Jwalin."

He raised his brows, and with narrowed eyes, he stared at her deeply with a scrutinizing gaze.

"I thought I could make it in time. I really wanted to come and accompany you, but due to some unavoidable circumstances, I couldn't make it."

After saying what needed to be said, she lowered her head and prepared herself for whatever was coming her way.

Jwalin was still eyeing her from top to bottom without speaking a word which was making her uncomfortable. She shivered in his arms when his grip tightened on her waist.

She couldn't understand what he was thinking. For once, she thought of opening his brain to see what was inside his sly brain. But nope, that's impossible!

She sighed and sniffed him. The tinge of whisky and tobacco mixed with his perfume made a unique fragrance that's only present in him.

"Where were you?" He finally asked his tone hoarse, which made her ponder while squinting.

She licked her lips, not knowing how to say that she flew to Delhi without informing him. In fact, there's no need to notify him, but he warned her previously to let him know, and she didn't pay any heed to his words.

As she's very familiar with his ego, and domineering personality, she feared him. Since they had been interacting smoothly for the past few days, she didn't want that to vanish because of this.

"I needed to go somewhere far, so I'm not in the city."

"I asked you where were you? Not how far you were." He retorted while his tone was becoming hard.

She scratched her forehead and inhaled a chunk of air, "I went to Delhi."

He lifted her chin with his index finger to find out whether she was telling the truth or not by seeing her face, but there was no nervousness, and she was extremely calm, which soothed his heart unknowingly.

Peeping at his handsome aloof face, Pranavi noticed the blood marks on the corner of his mouth. Instinctively, her hand went to his wound.

But before she touched him, he grabbed her hand with furious eyes, and she gave him a 'do not stop me' look.

"What happened to you?" She wanted to ask in a low tone, but her voice betrayed her upon seeing the bruises on him.

"Don't act as if you care!" He retorted and pushed her aside with full force and she stumbled in her tracks and hit the wall.

Without caring about her aching back, she muttered in her serious tone, "Of course, I need to know about my husband."

He strode towards her and blocked her in his arms and the wall. He bent his head down and gazed at her before speaking, "You're not worthy to know."

She remained dumbfounded hearing him. "What did he mean by that?" Her mind is running wild, but she's unable to comprehend what exactly he's cooking up in his mind.