CH | 73

"Did you think I cheated on you, Pranavi?" As soon as the words escaped Jwalin's mouth, Pranavi raised her brows and gazed at him.

She saw the pain her words had inflicted on him, the way his jaw clenched wasn't missed by her.

Although she was pale and weak, her eyes were sharp and were taking in the subtle movements he was displaying.

The disappointment on his face was visible to her, and she swallowed the rest of her words since she didn't know what to say to him, nor did she want to hurt him, but the anger that was burning in her insides was still present.

His sharp eyes pierced through her and thousands of emotions were stirring in her beautiful chocolate orbs, and she had a lot of words in her heart to say to him, but as if a pause button had been pressed, no words escaped her mouth, and she eyed him stunned.

She wanted to go to him and feel his warmth and never let him go, but as soon as she remembered there was another woman in his embrace, she felt as if a bucket of cold water had been poured on her, drenching her foolish thoughts.

Seeing her silence, he blinked and his eyes turned red with the rage that was brewing in his veins, and he muttered under his breath, "Very good!"

But she heard his words clearly, and she felt the anger that was radiating off from him, and she felt wronged since she was the one who should be angry with him and not the other way around, right?

"I don't know what happened to you yesterday, nor I'm not aware of what my grandfather told to you." He stated and observed the way her eyes fluttered and how her hands clenched into fists when he mentioned his grandfather.

And he knew it was more or less the result of his grandfather's manipulation. Damn this old man, Ranveer Oberoi!

With a slight pause, he took a step towards her and held her tiny hand in his large palm and encircled it, giving his warmth to her, as if he was giving her a chance to change her view, and queried, "But I'm asking you again, did you think I cheated on you?"

When she heard her words, she was baffled and she felt a lump in her throat.

Although she was mad at him, she didn't take her hand back this time and struggled to prop herself up, and he held her shoulder and adjusted her to sit on the bed while he was still standing.

With his head slightly bent, he took her hand and placed it on his heart while his onyx pools never left her gaze and murmured, "Tell me, Pranavi."

When her name rolled off his mouth effortlessly, she felt goosebumps all over her weak body and she felt his wildly beating heart, and unknowingly, her lips curved slightly upwards.

Seeing such an almighty man, lowering himself in front of her despite hearing her awful words, her lower lip quivered.

Because she knew how much of a prideful man he was!

And the anger in her heart was beginning to dissipate as her mushy mind was becoming clear with each passing second!

As she felt the emotions he was trying to make her feel, she reminisced all the things he did to her, and her eyes turned wet because she knew how much he cared for her, and for once she thought maybe she could give him a chance to explain and try to know what happened instead of blindly believing in the stupid video the old man showed her.

As the thought struck her mind, relief washed over her insides because her heart was pushing her to him, to get close to him, and was begging her to trust him, because she always firmly believed he was the man who would never hurt her.