CH | 9

The trio reached their apartment, and Shreya unlocked the keys. Pranavi strode in with a lot of thoughts in her mind, and both Shreya and Aarushi were observing her for a while.

Seeing her all distracted, Shreya and Aarushi were eyeing her curiously.

"What's up with her? Why was she sulking?" Shreya pondered, but nothing came to her except one thing that happened at Pranavi's house yesterday, which she wasn't aware of yet.

Aarushi sensed something was off with Pranavi but wasn't sure of what had happened either, because she wasn't present here for the past month.

When they strode to the living area, Pranavi collapsed onto the sofa because all her energy was drained from the events that took place yesterday and today.

She was still in shock and couldn't digest the facts!

Glancing at the silent woman sitting on the sofa in a daze, as if the whole world turned against her, Shreya was becoming irritated.

"Hey, Duffer, spit out what's bothering you!" Shreya demanded, but to her annoyance, there was no response from Pranavi. They waited for some time, but Pranavi still remained the same.

"What the fu'k, girl? You're scaring me!" Shreya waved her hand in front of Pranavi, but Pranavi still didn't respond to her.

"Did anything happen, Duffer?" Aarushi asked, but Pranavi was still immersed in her thoughts.

By now, Shreya and Aarushi were damn sure that something big must have happened upon seeing the silent and distracted Pranavi.

Although Pranavi had a social phobia, she was never the quiet type with the people she was close to unless any major unfortunate events happened to her.

Aarushi signaled Shreya to let her be for a while and Shreya shook her head helplessly with a nod.

In the meantime, they went into the kitchen and Shreya began preparing black coffee, while Aarushi kept a huge bowl of sliced dark chocolate in the oven just the way Pranavi liked to cheer her up.

According to them, there wasn't a bad mood that food could not cure!