The Ambush

It was a gloomy dark night, the wind was subtle, and frosty. Jansen hurriedly stepped out of his red SUV parked beside Juliet's apartment soon as he saw her. She was approaching the gates of her apartment in her pair of lemon pants, and purple blouse. He ran towards Juliet, and she felt a manly grasp on her and she quickly turned. Her eyes grew wide as plates a bit startled, "why you here Jansen?"

"please Juliet, do not ask me to leave. I miss you, " he pulled her hands toward his face and pecked her knuckles affectionately, "I love you Juliet."

"But, I don't want this!" she pulled her hand off his furrowing her brows at him.

"What's the problem?" he advanced his steps to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, and he stared down into her gorgeous blue eyes, "we love each other, and you matter a lot to me, I want you. Mia and I are already divorced, so, let's just be together, you and I."

He pulled her closer into his arms, their bodies touching each other, and he lowered his face to hers to kiss her.

A thug was staring at Jansen and Juliet at a far distance speaking through the phone with Sophia, "I'm watching him right now."

Sophia ordered her men to go after Jansen, and keep an eye on him.

"what is he doing at this moment?"

"He's with a woman and they are having a kiss at this moment. They look so good together holding each other lovingly like sweethearts."

Sophia suddenly felt a stab of pain in her chest, and tears fell down on her face in streams, she was shaking in grief and Jansen's words start to echo in her mind, "Look here Sophia, I do not love you, you are to me just a complete stranger and what we had meant nothing to me."

Thinking of his words, she felt the pain of before. A tormenting, and devastating one. She nearly collapsed feeling wearied with sadness. Her hand slowly balled into a fist, and she grit her teeth, "he lied to me, he tricked me, played me for a fool. You won't get away with deceiving me Jansen."

"ma'am, ma'am, " the thug's voice rip Sophia from her thoughts, and she responded to him, "hello?"

"what do you want me to do ma'am?"

"Do not rest today, until you deal with Jansen. Make sure to get rid of him, I want to see his dead body before dawn."

"he is toast."

Soon after the thug hung up, he pulled out his pistol from his jacket pointing it at Jansen, and he fired a bullet at him, but the bullet missed him as Jansen quickly left the spot.

"what's that?" Jansen panicked feeling anxious by the loud echo of the gunshot. Juliet was also feeling frightened, she was shaking and held Jansen's arm very tightly to feel safe.

"gosh! I missed!" the goon growled in anger.

Jansen was staring towards the direction the gunshot echoed from, and he unclearly noticed the goon in a pair of black pants. He tried to look at him closely but it was murky, he couldn't be seen. However, Jansen suspected him to be a goon. He grabbed Juliet's hand, "you have to come with me Juliet let's leave. It's not safe here."

"of course."

Juliet followed Jansen to his car, they got in and he started driving. He was swerving his car making a turn from Juliet's house approaching the street.

The goon noticed the car driving so fast, and almost reaching the street and he panicked, "oh shit! They are getting away!" he quickly jumped into his car, and started driving after them firing bullets at the car. Each bullet striking the car sounded the boom of a cannon Juliet screamed terrified and startled, "we're dead, we're dead." her hands were shaking in unsteadiness.

"calm down, " Jansen was patting her on her arm with his eyes fixed on the road, "we will be fine."

The goon increased the speed level of his truck, his truck was almost approaching Jansen's vehicle. Both vehicles drove rashly into the street as if it were a car racing competition. The goon was moving his truck faster and faster to reach Jansen's SUV, and it was almost getting close to it.

Juliet peeked through her seat side-mirror and she her heart pounded so fast seeing the truck close to theirs, and the goon pointing his gun at their car.

"oh my gosh, Jansen he is getting close to us. What are we gonna do?" She tried to look back one more time, and a bullet from the goon's gun struck her window, and she screamed and watched as the window was shattering in front of her.

"I need you to calm down." Jansen looked away from the road staring at her, trying to make her calm, and a huge lorry was approaching his car's direction at quite a full speed. It blared its horn very loudly, and when Jansen lifted his head and tried to look at the lorry, he noticed it was almost getting close to them, and he quickly swirled his car to the left to avoid the vehicle.

Unfortunately, there was no road or path at the side, Jansen's SUV drove rashly into a forest nearby. A mixture of fear, and sadness washed over Jansen and Juliet as they stared at the several trees in front of them, and rocks. It was hard for Jansen to control the car from moving so fast, the car was unstable, the brakes were no longer working and the car was getting kicked, and slammed by trees until the car finally collapsed.

I want to apologize for submitting very late, please vote for this episode. Thank you.