Mia

It was a cold blustery night. Mia was approaching outside in a red silk gown and a pair of pink shoes, her phone beeped noisily in her pants and when she yanked it out, she glanced across the screen to see who it is calling. It was Mark, she quickly replied to his call and was approaching the terrace to sit and relax while sipping a shot of lemon juice.

"Mark, why are you calling?"

"I just wanted to hear your sweet voice before I go to bed, " Mia suddenly froze listening to his words and her eyes were getting puffy with tears as they are the same lines Jansen often used to say to her each night before he sleeps next to her. More tears was flowing on her face thinking of the moments they often held hands dancing together under the moonlight, he whispering into her ears he loves her, her stroking his cheek and sharing a beautiful kiss with their arms wrapped around each other.

"Mia, can I say something?" Mark's voice ripped her from her thoughts, and she breathe deeply fighting back the tears in her eyes realizing it has been a few years since Jansen and her cuddled, and shared a loving kiss and her heart was stifling in grief wishing she can have one of such moment again.

The feeling of pain, loneliness and hurt was overwhelming Mia, and Mark's words over the phone was getting her more emotional.

"I cannot wait to see your beautiful face tomorrow even though we'll be staring at each other through the window."

Mia feeling amused, snorted, "You're silly. We are not neighbors, we are not even married how're you gonna stare at me early in the morning." she giggled.

'You're sick."

"sick in love with you."

"don't be silly." Mia was almost reaching the terrace, and she halted catching a glimpse of Jansen and Juliet through a glass window sitting close to each other on Juliet's bed in her bedroom. The windows are extremely large, you can easily notice anything from the room.

Staring at Jansen and Juliet grinning at each other and embracing each other affectionately felt like a knife goring into her heart. She suddenly dropped the phone, it slipped from her hands landing on the floor, and the screen slightly cracks. Mark could no longer hear Mia's voice and he called loudly, "hel..hello? You're there? Mia? Hello?"

Mia was so stunned and distracted by Jansen and Juliet holding each other's cheek and staring into each other's eyes she barely heard Mark's voice and she bowed her head whimpering thinking of an image of them happily hugging each other in her mind.

"Juliet does not deserve to be left all alone mum, " Bella's voice started to echo loudly in her mind. She was feeling weak and dizzy by sadness she was unconsciously walking thinking of Bella's words to her, "mum, I care alot about Aunt Juliet, she was sweet to me, even took care of me. Mum, can you and her try to patch things up? She did alot for me while you were in coma."

Mia's eyes were closed for several minutes as she was reflecting on a memory of her and Bella a while ago in the breakfast table, and her serving Bella a cup of hot tea. Bella quickly turned from her with an irritated look on her face after glancing down at the black tea, and the smell flowing from the cup into her nostrils smelled like herbs and olives she almost puked and walked to Juliet.

Mia stared at her aghast asking Juliet a cup of tea instead.

"here, have some." Juliet stretched to her a cup and Bella quickly clasped the cup sipping it through pursed lips. In a fit of rage, Mia walked to her glaring at the cup of tea in her hands, "why did you take Juliet's tea and not mine?"

"cause hers is tasty."

"what do you mean?"l

"you always always add medicinal liquids into my cup of tea when yoy serve me mum."

"that's cause i want you to be healthy. Drinking herbs in your tea gives you alot of vitamins, and I am your mother and i want what's best for you."

"but i don't like it. It tastes so bitter i force myself not to puke."

"and hers? What's so special about her tea?"

"there's always cream, milk, and honey in it. I'm sorry mum but yours tastes bad."

"you do not like my breakfasts? You have been putting up with my breakfasts all this time?" Mia's eyes bulging in stupefaction.

"yea cause you're my mom. But I can't take this no more mom."

Juliet walked a little bit closer to Bella clasping an handkerchief, and she pointed at Bella's lips, "there, you have some cream on you, let me wipe that for you."

Staring at Juliet kneading Bella's lips Mia stood in sadness and couldn't control the tears threatening to fall from her eyes thinking of the moments she and Bella were always so close to each other. Each mornings and afternoons she combed her hair with olive oil and her singing a lullaby to her when she was six. Bella would clasp her hand tightly and lay against her in her bed listening to her.

Mia broke out of her thoughts, and saw herself approaching the pool side she quickly paused realizing her foot almost stepping on the edge of the pool. The pool was extremely large and it was glimmering brightly under the lucent pool bulb lights.

The wind was starting to become whirl Mia's dress was shaking as the wind blew against it. She quivered as the wind was nipping at her skin, and she turned from the pool to head back into the house and she saw Jansen and Juliet once again through the window. This time around, they were holding each other's hands, and kissing each other affectionately. Mia's eyes were burning in rage and tears were welling her eyes watching Jansen wrapped around Juliet's arms, their lips moving in unison as they kiss and she growled in frustration.

"this hurts so much..!" she yelled bursting in tears, "it hurts alot!" and she was walking backwards to turn towards the gates to head to Mark's house and sob on his shoulders, and her feet slipped on the slippery floor and she sloped downwards landing into the pool. The pool gushed and splashed so loudly as her body crashes on it.

Mia tried springing out of the pool, but it was extremely large she could not swim. She is not a good swimmer, and she hates being in a pool. She only swims when she has an assistant beside her guiding her. However, it has been a long while she swam. Mia did not know how to breathe inside the pool, she kept trying to keep her head above the water but the heaviness of the water was pulling her downwards. She tried to scream and wave for help but she was already sinking in the pool. Also, the water is extremely cold, and was freezing her body she felt too feeble to move or swirl her arms. She was getting hollow in the pool and could not breathe anylonger with so much water flowing into her nostrils. She became exhausted, and was slowly passing out, and her eyes were suddenly closing.