The Accident II

Jay had been staring at Mia and Bella through the windscreen of his Lamborghini. He parked his car in the parking lot after driving into the mansion with Bella. A frown caressed his brows staring at Bella whimpering and he approached her immediately Mia drove out of the mansion.

Bella suddenly felt two warm hands on her shoulders as she strides through the doors into the sitting room and she glanced over her shoulder and sees Jay beside her. She threw her face on his chest, "Jay.." She grabbed him in her arms and shed tears in his shoulder.

"Mum's gone, " her voice starts to crack, "she ain't coming ba-c-k."

"It's alright." He placed his consoling hand on her back.

"No it's not!" She yelled and pulled herself from his arms and a frown settled on her sombre face, "you don't understand. This house is my home, and mum's no longer here. I can't stay here if she ain't here but if I leave..., " she pauses and slowly glances around the room, and her eyes met their family portrait drooping on the wall, "I'm gonna miss this place. I grew up here, I have a lot of memories of this place."

"Listen, " his hands reach for her hands and he grasped them, "don't feel so bad."

"But a lot is happening and so fast, it's hard for me to get used to. I want my mum. Why do she have to leave?"

"Take it easy Bella."

Suddenly, her brows furrowed, rage flooded her veins.

"This is all dad's fault. He asked mum to leave. I'm gonna go give him a piece of my mind." She walks away and leaves to the stairs scurrying to Jansen's bedroom.

.....

It was 11:15am. Mia was driving across the highway. An image of Bella pleading with her not to leave the mansion, flashed through her mind and her face bursts in tears. "Bella.." She exhaled and she bows her head as more tears was streaming from her eyes.

She rubbed her face with her arm and sniffed. She lifted her head and glances at the road and she spots a tricycle driving so close to her and her car nearly grinding against it. She panicked and immediately swerved her car to the left and she sighed.

.....

Jansen was sipping a glass of red wine when Bella stormed into his bedroom.

"Dad!" She yelled. Her voice pierced his ears and startled him, he turned and looked at her.

"How are you dear?" He gently dropped the wine on his table and walks to her. He held her by her arms and he stretches his face to hers to peck her cheek, and she edged away from him.

"What's the matter?"

"Why dad? How could you ask mum to leave the mansion?"

"I can't stand the sight of her any longer. She's horrible. She let me despise Juliet, and watched me mourn her for a long time when it was her fault those bad things happened to Juliet."

"She is still my mum okay? I can't believe you'll let us fall apart all because of Juliet. It's like Juliet is all you think about, you don't even care how your actions affect me, affects mum."

He felt a prick of guilt in his chest noticing tears dripping from Bella's cheeks and he walked to her, he grabbed her cheeks lovingly, "dear I love you so much, " he kissed her palm and stares into her eyes, "but it's gonna be quite impossible for your mum and I to still be together."

"Why dad?" She barked, "because of Juliet? It's her right? No wonder mum was always sad about it, why she's always angry at you cause you keep liking that woman." She edged away from him and she was almost walking away and she halts halfway across the door listening to his voice,

"Juliet is also innocent. She was badly hurt by your mum, she went through hell. Don't think of your mum as only the victim."

Bella turned to him, "I don't give a damn. You are mum's husband, you're supposed to be on her side, you should only care about mum. Aunt Juliet is not your wife, mum is." She ran outside the doors sobbing.

Mia was dazed for a few minutes, she was reflecting on memories of Jansen and Juliet she was not consciously staring at the road. Images of Jansen and Juliet cuddling each other and kissing affectionately, was flashing through her mind and she broke out of her thoughts as the blaring honk of a large lorry approaching banged her ears.

"Oh my God!" She panicked staring the lorry approaching her car at quite a full speed. She tried to step on the brakes to swerve her car from its direction but it was too late. The driver daringly push his car forward, at that moment her heart stopped. Now everything seemed slower as if time itself has seized moreover, nothing could be heard other than the drumming of her heart. She took a deep breath and pressed the brakes, but deep inside she knew it was too late. The lorry hit her car at 60mph she was instantly comatose on impact. She found myself slamming on the brakes. Her body jerked forward. The windows were shattering and metals tear apart.
Mia was totally crushed by the hot metal of the car. She was not feeling her arm, her body was numbed she was barely able to move her body.
An ambulance arrived at the scene, and the paramedics hurried to both cars. The door of Mia's seat was pulled off the paramedics yanked her out of the car with ease and placed her on a stretcher. They noticed her eyes still moving. She was still breathing, and still had a pulse and they threw her in the back of the ambulance. They put a monitor on her, her pulse was like 20, then went to 16, then like 14, then like 12 and her breathing was getting shallow. The medics immediately performed a CPR on her till her pulse came back to normal. An oxygen mask was cast on her face as she was driven to a nearest hospital.