Mia Throws A Fit

Jansen couldn't wait to be besides Mia after hearing the Doctor's update about her operation. He crouched besides Mia and he grabbed her hand. Her palm felt really tender resting on his palm and tears were shredding on his jowls staring at her cold face. Her eyes were firmly shut. Her lips were wrinkled and parched.

"Finally Mia, " Jansen's eyes coiled in excitement, "it's done! It's over. You do not have cancer any longer. You can now walk without collapsing and run too."

Mia always felt a throbbing in her head when she tries to walk to her room sometimes. 12th July, she was striding into her bedroom and suddenly, she staggered and couldn't walk. Her feet were bending and quivering as if freezing by ice and a pang gripped her head. The pain felt so excruciating it was as if a dagger is goring her brain.

The pain wasn't going to stop. She tried to reach towards her drugs on the table and another pang jabbed her head she grasped her head firmly and screeched as if from a mountain top, "Jansen....!"

Jansen was bathing in the bathroom. The shrilling sound of the shower deafened his eardrums. By the time he stepped out of the bathroom, she had already collapsed on the floor. She was lying motionlessly and veins stood firmly on her forehead and on her hands.

A soft waft blew into the room from the spacious window opposite Mia's hospital bed. It nuzzled her cheeks and she unhurriedly opened her weak eyes. Her vision was blurry, she couldn't see anything before her and she blinked till her sight got clearer. She glimpsed Jansen and noticed his cheeks widened.

Jansen felt startled seeing her eyes opened, "you're awake!" There was a note of happiness in his voice!

"Is..is the operation over?" She asked with a weak voice.

"Yea hon!"

"I didn't die...I survived... I survived!" Mia's cheeks grew wide in excitement.

"Yea hon!"

"Oh, Jansen...," she stroke his smooth cheek, "the moment when I felt my eyes shutting and everything turning dark, all I was thinking of, was you. And I think God has given me a chance to live so we will be together." Tears rolled out of her eyes.

"Nothing makes me happier seeing you not just awake but alive! When the doctor said to me you may not survive, I got so scared then I realized how shattered I'll be if you're gone!" He pulled her hand closer to his face and pecked her knuckle tenderly.

"Nothing's gonna keep you and I apart my love." She stared straight into his deep blue eyes and he stared into hers.

**

Nanny Macy strode into Mia's ward. Mia listened to the door hissing she turned her gaze from the window and stared at Macy approaching her bed. Macy was grinning from ear to ear. She stood so close to Mia. She leaned toward her and pulled her into a hug, "I'm really glad you're awake." Macy's voice trembled. Tears from her cheeks dropped on Mia's neck.

"I'm glad I've been given another chance to still see you and my daughter!"

Macy unhurriedly shifted from her arms and Mia raised herself to a sitting position.

"I don't know what I'll do if you didn't survive the operation! I feel so happy right now that your cancer's gone for good!"

"I thought I won't survive it. I did not wanna live anymore cause I thought Jansen still loves Juliet but he doesn't. When I woke up, I saw him besides me. This gives me a ray of hope that he loves me and that he cares about me too." Tears glistened Mia's cheeks.

"Speaking about Juliet, I think she has to know you're awake now so she can come see you."

"No!" Mia screamed, "don't you do that! I don't wanna see her face not even a bit of her shadow. I don't wanna hear her voice or perceive her smell. I don't want to know anything about that woman okay? Don't let her in my room." There was a note of anger in her voice. Her eyes were stiffened like a Cheetah's.

"Why?" A deep masculine voice flowed from outside the room. Mia and Macy turned to see Jansen by the door and a cup of coffee in his hand. He has been listening to their conversation since when he returned to the ward. He had step out to grab Mia a cup of coffee.

Jansen walked in and Macy stepped out. She shut the door.

Jansen stared at Mia and he arched his brows, "why don't you want Juliet to come see you?"

"What for?"

"What do you mean what for? Do you know Juliet has been worried sick 'bout you? She couldn't eat or sleep. She has been glum about your illness. I guess when she sees you she'll be relieved. Don't you care that she is sad right now clueless about your operation?"

"I don't care! I don't wanna see that woman!" Mia screamed. Her brows were knitted.

"She deserves to see you to feel relaxed."

"I said I don't wanna see her. Or are you gonna force me to see her? Will you listen to her and not me your wife?"

"I know you hate Juliet and you can't stand her but she's still your sister. Don't you feel awful she's so worried sick?"

"Why are you so bothered about Juliet? Is her feelings so important than I your wife? I am your wife and you should always take my side and do what I want and not Juliet's!"

"Yea you are my wife but Juliet's still your sister."

"You keep uttering that woman's name. Tell me, do you love her?" Mia stared straight into his eyes and he looked away from her.