Chapter 44

Not far from the water pool, the two discovered a small cave that was very suitable for hiding. The cave was located in a small mountain wall. The entrance of the cave was only half a person high enough to accommodate one person, but the space inside was about ten square meters. After Chen Qi helped Aze into the cave, he first picked some soft branches and leaves around and laid a simple mattress, and then put some large pieces of Pu leaves on it before letting Aze lie down.

After walking such a short distance, Aze's wound oozes out a lot of blood. Willow leaves probably have anti-inflammatory effect, but obviously the hemostatic effect is not very good, especially for such a large area of ​​​​wound.

"I'm fine." A Ze raised his head slightly, his speech was slow, but his words were clear. Now this lying posture makes him unable to see Chen Qi's expression, "This kind of injury will be cured for a while."

"Well." Chen Qi squatted down and patted Aze's hand for comfort, "Then you lie down and sleep for a while, okay?"

"Okay." Aze closed his eyes obediently.

Chen Qi gently brushed away a strand of watery hair that slid down from Aze's forehead, turned and left the cave. He first found some thorny thorns to make some barriers, sealed the hole tightly, leaving only a small hole near the mountain wall for ventilation. Then I found some dry branches and lit a small fire in the cave. Fortunately, the lighter that Aze carried with him was waterproof. No fire.

There are a lot of plantains not far from the river bank. Chen Qicai came back, mashed it with stones, replaced the willow leaves and applied it to Aze's wound. The shirt bandage was always wet, and Chen Qi was dried on the fire. After that, Aze was re-tied. Aze's original animal skin coat was dried by Chen Qi and then placed under Aze's body to make a mattress. The cave was warmed by the firelight, and he was not afraid of cold.

A Ze didn't sleep peacefully, and Chen Qi opened his eyes a little bit to make sure that Chen Qi was well in front of him, and then slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep. Chen Qi was a little helpless, so he could only move lightly and try not to make any noise.

It was getting dark after one round. Fortunately, Chen Qi found a rice berry and a water milk fruit next to the cave. The rice berry fruit tree is relatively tall. Chen Qi found a long branch and finally stabbed a few. When I got down, it turned out that because the shell of the rice berry was not hard enough, it broke two when it hit the ground, and the white viscous liquid flowed all over the ground.

Chen Qi was a little helpless, picked up the other two rice berries and water milk fruit that were not broken, and returned to the cave. The sky was completely dark, and the layers of trees in the forest covered the moonlight, and the night bugs began to revel in the unscrupulous night.

Chen Qi sorted out the thorns and the curtains, and was relieved after confirming that the fire light would not spread to the outside through the thorns. In such a forest, sometimes fire is not an omnipotent weapon to drive away predators, but instead becomes a bait to attract predators to come and inspect, Chen Qi dare not take the risk.

When picking plantains, Chen Qi found a wild ginger. He chopped the wild **** into pieces, poured the rice berries into the milk nut shell, mixed the minced ginger, and slowly boiled it in the fire , if there are only rice berries, the boiled rice paste is too thick. Chen Qi added a little water and milk fruit to mix it together. After a while, the cave was filled with a strong aroma of rice. Chen Qi dipped a little and tasted it. The taste is very similar to the rice porridge I ate before, but the flavor of the rice is stronger, and after adding water and milk fruit, it has a sweet taste, and the taste is not bad.

Chen Qi cooled the boiled rice paste, and then used a newly made wooden spoon to slowly feed A Ze. A Ze ate slowly, but as long as Chen Qi told him to open his mouth, he opened his mouth. The cold and hard image is very different, very well-behaved.