Chapter 28

The slate was very large and thick. Chen Qi saw that the largest one was almost one meter high. Chen Qi could not move it alone. Carlo's strength was stronger than Chen Qi's. The slate was pulled out and neatly placed in one place.

Chen Qi chose relatively complete slates, but because the slates are too heavy, the speed of the two of them is not fast. They only got about ten pieces in an afternoon. These slates can only trouble the females to move them back. Azer's home.

Chen Qi originally wanted to try it out to see if he could make a wooden cart. Later, he seriously considered the feasibility of this plan. Not to mention the distance between the two places, the wasteland overgrown with weeds on the way is not a wooden wheel that can pass smoothly. Yes, it is better to let the powerful females run a few times, and use human power to carry them back faster. So this plan just popped up in my mind, but it was rejected by Chen Qi.

Towards the evening, Chen Qizheng used a simple brush made of hay to clean up the broken stones on a slate, and there was dry sand at the edge. Suddenly, a long howl came from not far away, the movement in Chen Qi's hand. He paused unnaturally, and thought in shock, could it be that a pack of wolves came to this neighborhood?

Carlo stopped what he was doing at this time and came over, "Chen Qi, let's go home quickly."

"Is there a pack of wolves coming?" Chen Qi asked worriedly. Wolves are pack animals. Today, many females in the tribe have gone to the forest. If a group of wolves rushed into the tribe at this time, the consequences can be imagined.

"It's not a pack of wolves, it's a signal from the tribe's guards. This is to remind everyone that there may be danger." Carlo explained, pulled Chen Qi's arm and walked towards the center of the tribe.

"Why use wolf howls to signal? What if a real wolf pack is attracted?"

"Well, I'm not very clear about the specifics. I heard Ake say that the wolf howls can travel far, and the whole tribe can hear the signal outside the tribe, and the wolf howls can drive away many timid predators. "

Chen Qi knew, and when the two returned to Carlo's house, they gathered up the dried meat that had been drying outside for a day and moved them back to the room. After a while, Ali came over, and he was relieved when he saw that the two of them were okay. , "Carlo, after putting away the jerky, take Chen Qi to the ancestral house in front of the rocky mountain, I'll go first." Ali hurried away after saying that.

Carlo speeded up the movements in his hands, and Chen Qi couldn't help but his expression became solemn. Put all the meat into the pottery plate, move it back to the room, and cover it with a layer of animal skin. After finishing all the pieces, Carlo pressed the lower part of the animal skin door curtain tightly with stones, and then took out a few ghosts. The needle flower was crushed, and the flower juice was sprinkled around the door several times, and then Chen Qi and Chen Qi walked to the rocky mountain behind.

The overall color of the rock is reddish-brown, and it looks a bit like shale. The ancestral house was built right next to the rocky mountain. It looked almost two and a half meters high. It was the tallest house in the tribe, but the area inside was narrower than the average house, and it looked more like a tree from a distance. Towering pillars.

The function of the ancestral house is not to avoid disasters. What can really be avoided is the rocky mountain behind. There is a cave of about 30 square meters in the rocky mountain, but it is enough to accommodate people in the tribe who are not able to protect themselves.

Chen Qi followed Carlo into the ancestral house. There were about a dozen people in the ancestral house. Most of them were elderly people with disabilities or gray hair, and there were three or four children who looked like they were only ten years old. When Chen Qi came in, everyone looked at him. Chen Qi naturally gave them a friendly smile as a greeting. The two came to Ali, who was checking whether the entrance to the rocky mountain behind was blocked by stones.