Side Stories

AN: Decided to just have this chapter be the SS reactions. Also remember I'm a super RWBY nerd and have read all the books. I take character development from those and apply them to the characters. So SPOILERS for Fairy Tales of Remnant. I absolutely recommend it.

IMPORTANT: In the process of writing this, RT has been announced to be shutting down. A couple of you have asked my thoughts on this. Sorry to say but I'm not surprised or disappointed really. I feel bad for the people losing their jobs and it's sad that RT won't ever have the chance to come back. But the RT I loved died years ago. I've already grieved it, when I saw the news my first thought was "It took them this long?" So yeah I don't really have any big thoughts. I'm not happy they're shutting down, it's just that... it's as if a close friend suddenly started drinking and being an ass. Disappointing you. Then slides into a coma where the doctors say he won't ever wake up. He stays in that coma for a few years then dies. It's sad, but you've already grieved the loss of your friend years ago. You don't really have much more emotion to let out.

It might hit me in a day or two. I've loved RT for years, they were a huge inspiration for me. Their old content still is. I of course worry about where I can go to watch their old shows in the coming months. I'm hoping naively that it can all be posted on youtube again for free.

We'll see what happens. I'm happy that Red vs Blue will still be able to be released. Goodbye RT, you had a rough journey and created some amazing things. I hope you continue to be an inspiration, and a cautionary tale and I wish the best for those who will soon be out of a job. Good luck!

Ozpin and Teachers—

One benefit of reincarnation, I can see the good ending. Though just as often I see the bad. Ignorance is sometimes bliss and dying hopeful is better than seeing your sacrifice wasted.

Ozpin thought back to a time long ago, when three lifetimes converged. In the first he saved a girl and some others from her village. She witnessed his power and told the others. They became his friends and his followers. Then he died, he came back and they were still moving forward with his vision. The girl now middle aged was waiting for him. In this second life he continued to lead his group, they were called the circle. They helped those in need, and trained people to use their aura to defend themselves and save others. Unfortunately in this life he had to sacrifice himself to save them. Only to come back to find all were dead except for one sad old woman. All were killed because he wasn't there to defend them.

I've experienced that pain multiple times throughout my long journey. That one however, pains me the most. Despite my sacrifices working in the past more often than not. Saving the day again and again. But it is just that. A day. I can save a family from Grimm, only to find in the next life they were killed a year later.

The bitter and depressive thoughts threatened to take over. But Ozpin had been through much, and in that time he gained the wisdom and experience to know that the alternative, doing nothing meant certain death for those he would save. And at the end of the day his sacrifices mattered and he would do it again if he were given the chance. One more death for him for one more year of life for the innocent was worth the exchange.

Is it truly a sacrifice if I come back? I know my death isn't the end.

Ozpin shook his head, I'm being too hard on myself. I should remember the lesson those four taught me so many years ago. Ozpin turned his thoughts towards the screen, focusing on the story itself rather than its specific meaning to him. "A fitting, yet still surprising end to a very unique show."

Glynda Goodwitch hummed noncommittally, "It was a good message... T- Church's speech that is."

"He has the right of it." Professor Port looked down, "There are many I wish could have seen the fruits of their labors. It's a crime, a crime I say that they will never know the ending they gave us."