S12E7

Author's Note:

Kind of a short episode for reactions compared to the others. Hope you enjoy!

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S12E7- Self Assessment

"Play it." Ruby continued, "I don't get it, why would they all leave early?"

" Self Assessment" appeared on screen with the theme.

Blake frowned at the screen.

"Self assessment." Ruby read, "Felix said that whether they go or not is up to Kimball. If she decides they're ready."

"Oh and they think they're ready now." Nora understood.

Fade in to the New Republic Headquarters. Cut to the interior of a bunker where Tucker, Grif, Simmons, and Caboose are seen standing.

Simmons: "(to Tucker) What do you mean 'leaving'? Where are we going?"

Caboose: "(excited) Is it to the park?! Ooh, I know, it's the beach! Wait a minute, you're not taking me to the vet, are you?"

"Caboose is Zwei." Yang snickered.

Ruby giggled, "Caboose lost his pet so he became one."

Pyrrha shook her head.

Tucker: "No, we're going to break into that compound and bust out our friends."

Simmons: "But, we still have some time left to train the squad. Why would we leave now?"

Tucker: "Because the squad's not coming with us."

"What?" Jaune looked up.

"Why not?" Ruby asked.

"They need all the help they can get." Pyrrha added.

"Yeah, Felix said breaking someone out would be..really hard." Jaune grimaced.

Caboose: "Are they going in a separate car?"

Tucker: "No."

Caboose: "Ah, so they're flying. Ya know, I have an extra bag to check. Is that gonna be a problem? Cause-"

Tucker: "No. Caboose, we're going on this mission alone."

Caboose: "Alone with the squad. Got it."

"Caboose does not understand this stuff, like in season nine with Church wanting alone time with Tex." Yang chuckled.

"He doesn't understand it when people want to do things alone." Pyrrha nodded.

Grif: "Why would we do that?"

Tucker: "I don't know if you guys have noticed, but our superelite team sucks. There's no way they'll be able to pull off a rescue mission."

"That's a little harsh, I mean Felix thinks they suck too. Honestly the lieutenants seem a lot like the reds and blues themselves." Weiss commented.

"Yeah, they can do it. They've been fighting for a long time too." Ruby nodded.

Simmons: "We don't know that. Kimball could still pass us."

Tucker: "I'm not talking about passing. I'm talking about our trainees blowing up or getting shot or disintegrated or something."