S11E8

Author's Note:

Thanks to LordoftheSwamp1269 for pointing something out last chapter that I fixed this chapter.

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S11E8- The Grass is Greener. The Blues are Bluer

"Well he's not doing anything evil, that's obvious." Ruby stated with confidence.

"What do you mean?" Jaune asked.

"Well, he trusts them now." Ruby explained. "He wouldn't do anything to hurt them."

"But he would protect them." Blake cut in, "And what in the canyon do they need to be protected from most right now?"

"... Freckles!" Ruby's eyes widened.

"... Caboose!" Weiss shouted at the same time.

Blake nodded, "Exactly, I think Wash might try to disable Freckles."

"Caboose wouldn't like that." Pyrrha winced, "It would hurt him, it would be like a betrayal from his friend."

Blake nodded grimly, "I don't like it but I can see it happening."

" The Grass is Greener. The Blues are Bluer." Appeared on screen with the theme.

"The grass is always greener on the other side." Weiss shook her head. "I've never liked that saying."

"In Atlas wouldn't it be, the snow is whiter on the other side?" Ruby snorted.

Weiss blushed, "..No, we do not say that."

Freckles and Caboose are seen standing next to each other. Caboose squats down.

Caboose: "No, Freckles, no, Freckles, go down. Like this!"

Freckles and Caboose both squat down.

Caboose: "Yes, that's a good Freckles! Yes, yes. Tucker! Tucker, did you see that!? Freckles did a squat!"

"They're doing a lot of squats this season." Pyrrha noted.

"Caboose is training Freckles like Wash trained them." Blake added.

Tucker does squats in the foreground.

Tucker: "Great. Now teach him to fetch, and then throw a stick off a cliff."

"Tucker is doing his squats way too fast." Pyrrha shook her head.

"And Freckles can survive a fall off a cliff, he's probably designed to be dropped into fights." Ruby theorized.

Caboose: "Oh, he knows how to fetch. Freckles! Freckles, get the ball!"

Caboose throws a ball.

Freckles: "Acquiring target."

Freckles aims for and shoots the ball.

Caboose: "Uhm, see that - that was just - that was just poor phrasing on my part. Really. I mean I was just, I think I was just grammatically... It was grammatically incorrect. So..."

Pyrrha chuckled.

"That is one way to play fetch." Ren hummed.

"He shouldn't worry, it's just as dangerous to play fetch with Zwei." Ruby commented offhandedly.

"What?" Blake turned to face Ruby.

"Oh yeah, he can get downright savage sometimes." Yang shrugged. "The most dangerous Corgi alive."