S11E9

Author's Note:

I wrote this chapter with a giant dog sleeping on top of me. Fun fact of the day.

Thank you Guest Knight for the Nora comment. It revealed an OOC mistake I almost made. And thanks to KnightWolf001 for an idea.

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S11E9- A House Divided, Then Multiplied

Jaune, Pyrrha, and Ren chuckled.

" A House Divided, Then Multiplied" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"What does that mean?" Ruby asked.

"An old Atlas saying, a house divided cannot stand.. but multiplied? I guess that is something related to the episode." Weiss guessed. "Because I don't know what it means."

"A house too big can fall?" Blake suggested.

"Why are houses being divided and multiplied? I don't get it." Ruby asked.

"Politics." Yang answered.

"... What?"

Screen slowly fades out to a view of Grif running down towards Lopez.

Grif: "Hey, where's Sarge?"

Lopez 2.0: "¿Por qué me estás preguntando? Usted no habla español.[Why are you asking me? You don't speak Spanish.]"

"I think Grif is the most respectful on Red team." Weiss hummed.

Blake sat up and coughed, "Do you want to say that again?"

Weiss blushed, "I mean sometimes, only on rare occasions. It's mostly due to him not caring."

"Not caring enough to be rude?" Blake asked.

Weiss nodded.

Cut to a view of Sarge heading towards the duo.

Sarge: "Private Grif. I see you've returned from your reconnaissance mission unscathed. That's disappointing. Unacceptable."

Nora, Weiss, Blake, and Ren chuckled.

"It never gets old." Nora grinned.

"The fact that Freckles didn't see him or Simmons could be acceptable." Ren commented.

"How do you know Freckles didn't see them?" Jaune asked. "Freckles would have seen that they were spying and saw them as a threat." Ren explained.

Lopez 2.0: "Vaya... ¿Qué tiene este tipo contra ti?[Man... What is this guy's beef with you?]"

"Lazy, insubordinate, lazy again, and disrespectful most of the time." Weiss answered.

Sarge: "So, what information have you recovered?"

Grif: "Uh, that the Blues aren't up to anything and that you're a paranoid old man bordering on senility."

"That is also true." Blake nodded.

"Sarge has always been like this, I don't think he's senile." Jaune commented.

"He may have always been senile." Ren suggested.

Sarge: "Uh huh. I'll take that into consideration Private. But how about we hear from our more competent soldier?... Simmons?"

The group began to chuckle.

Grif: "He's with the Blues."

Sarge: "With- the Blues?"

Grif: "Yeah. He seemed really eager to stay at their base for some reason."