S13E9

AN: Reviewer "Foursodas" made a great point. I also hate it when people make Ruby GENUINELY turned on by weapons. I'm guilty of leaning into that trope of her loving them too much in the past, but at least I was never as bad as the people who implied she fucks weapons. I only have the others (Yang) make fun of her in a hyperbolic way. I think I've had Ruby drool a couple times but from her mouth! No where else.

Are there any tropes I currently follow that you don't like? Like do I write any of the characters too stereotypically?

CoverArt: Cruz7808

Story is crossposted on Wattpad, and Quotev

Give me ideas and suggestions for reactions for this fic!

S13E9

"Santa." Ruby repeated. "Whoever that is."

"You Better Watch Out" appeared on screen with the theme.

Fade in to Kimball and her assault team driving through unsettled territory in Warthogs and tanks.

Soldier: "(over radio) General Kimball, we've just got word from the away team."

UNSETTLED TERRITORY

Kimball: "What's the news?"

Soldier: "(over radio) Well... apparently they found Santa.

All of the vehicles come to a halt.

"WHY? Why is this such a big deal? Who is Santa?" Ruby asked.

"We won't get an answer." Blake shrugged, "The show has never explained the references not meant for us."

"But still shouldn't we get one? Apparently Santa is a big deal." Weiss pointed out.

Jaune shrugged, "We've asked Filss before and she's just a recording."

"Vic.. hey vic!" Nora spoke into Jaune's phone. "Five five five V. I. C. K. Doodlely doo... Vic?"

"Nothing." Ren said.

"Worth a shot." Nora shrugged.

Cut to Dr. Grey, Tucker, and Caboose at the Jungle Temple. Carolina approaches them."

Carolina: "Kimball's moving ahead with the assault. They should be reaching Alpha any minute."

Tucker: "Then we gotta hurry."

Santa: "Are you sure there is no end to your questions?"

Grey: "You have no idea."

Epsilon: "Alright, let's not start foaming at the mouth here."

Grey: "I can foam wherever I want, thank you very much!"

"I agree with Dr. Grey." Ren stated. "A chance to speak to an alien that may know the answers to some of life's greatest mysteries isn't a chance that should be passed up."

"Yeah she can foam wherever." Yang nodded.

"Gross." Ruby grimaced.

"I think if you're foaming you should see a doctor." Weiss added.

Santa: "(clears throat) The legacy of my creators is scattered throughout the galaxy. Their history, their technology, all left behind for future species to discover. This planet, the one you've claimed as Chorus, was one of great importance. It is here that they've kept some of their most valued treasures."