S11E11

Author's Note:

I found an amazing ATLA fic. It's a time travel fic where Zuko is killed by Azula in the final episode and goes back in time to a year into his banishment. "The Prince of Rebels" by Aign.

NEW AN: DrunknHick, good point. Again I wanna remind everyone that unless "NEW AN" is put before an author's note. It's an author's note from a few years ago. Since writing my author's note complaining about Anime, I've come over to your line of thinking. Anime is just Japanese cartoons, it's not a genre. Though there are still common tropes in the anime that are popular in America. So to clarify, when I bitch about anime. That is the specific anime I'm bitching about. I won't claim to have watched all anime in the world so I don't know just how diverse it is. Though being media coming from a common culture. There will be common tropes seen. Just like all American media has common tropes no matter the difference in genre.

Basically my complaints still stand. I can't stand most popular Anime because of the casual sexual harassment (See first five minutes of 7DS) the random screaming and crying for no reason, and dumb power scaling popular in a lot of Shonen's and worst of all the pedophilia. 

With that being said, I do love AOT, Deathnote, The Promised Neverland, Berserk, and Erased. I don't see them as "Oh these anime I like" I see them as "These shows I like." I judge anime individually not by their covers.

Also before you call me out, yeah I hate how Berserk treats Casca. They act like she's a super badass but what happens every time she's in a fight? She gets her ass kicked and Guts has to save her. If she's such a badass then they should SHOW us. Not tell us. She's not a strong character and I'm tired of people pretending she is. She's weak and boring. She lost a fight because she was on her period during battle. What sexist BS was that? You want a strong female character? Hange. Sasha. Mikasa. Isabella. Emma. And I'll acknowledge the pedo chapters in Neverland and Berserk. Seriously why is there a bath scene with kids showing everything IN BOTH MANGA'S! Thankfully in the Anime they don't have those scenes.

We're focusing on Anime not Manga. You watch Ender's game the movie and don't see any of the sexism in the book. And if the rest of the series was made into movies you probably wouldn't see the homophobia either because thankfully when adapted, most media loses the bigotry. *cough* House elves liking being slaves and Hermione being seen as a complete and total idiot for trying *cough* Not the best example, but you get my point. Or not, I may have had a different reading. That's the wonder of interpretation :)

I could also bitch about Western media's obsessions with the adorkable creep who loves spying on girls (Big Bang Theory) etc.

Anyway! What are your thoughts? I guess I do fall into the habit of treating anime like a genre and not seeing that it's more than that. I'll try to break the habit. Thanks for the review DrunknHick!

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S11E11- Worst Laid Plans

"I have a feeling we're going to find out soon." Blake narrowed her eyes.

" Worst Laid Plans" appeared on screen with the theme.

"Even the best laid plans go wrong, so I guess the title means that the worst laid plans can work out?" Yang guessed.

"Knowing them, their worst laid plans can somehow succeed in ending up even worse than planned." Ren chuckled.

Fade in to Wash and Tucker inside Blue Base

Tucker: "This is it. This is rock bottom. You ever hit rock bottom before Wash? Well, you have now. 'Cause this is it. Can't get any lower."