S12E15 Deleted Scene

Author's Note:

HA! You fools thought you were getting episode 16? Nope! Think of this as a teaser chapter. I've been busy, sorry about the wait.

It's been a long time coming but here's the first chapter continuing this fic! I'm excited to finish this story. I've grown and changed so much from when this story got taken down and I lost the urge to write it. It literally got deleted on my second day at college. I've been through 2+ years of adult life and am in a gap year now. I've grown as a person, I've grown as a writer. I have so many new experiences to draw from...many very embarrassing experiences. So whenever I replied to you all with "I'm sorry, busy at college." That's what I was getting up to. (Along with discovering more about myself, getting crushed under essays, and meeting a lot of interesting and fun people.) I had my first party experience, then many many others. I even dressed up as a girl for a party (twice to sneak into sketchy frats with friends) both times very very convincingly and I once dressed up as Zuko for a halloween party, though less convincingly. College for me was crazy, but I didn't learn much. Kept good grades but I didn't learn a lot academically, I barely wrote, etc.

I lost my way in a sense, but this fic was my first proof that I could succeed. When I got my own original poems published in my college's journal it confirmed it for me. I can succeed. In the grand scheme of things and in a cynical view, it's not much. Banking off the success of two popular franchises. Big whoop. But hey, I don't consider it small at all. If I did, I'd be considering all of you small too. You all kept me going, email notifications for two years reminding me that you still liked my story, still wanted it back. And when I reposted the first chapter on FFN and received reviews in less than a minute from dedicated readers so happy that the story was back it was mind blowing. Like there wasn't a break at all.

Thanks again, enjoy, and as always, let me know if I can improve in any way. I'm a little rusty with this story :) There are so many examples of shows that get canceled, then brought back years later to divided fanbases arguing over whether it's good or not anymore. Is it nostalgia and us growing up? Or did the writing genuinely get worse? I want these new chapters to be perceived as they were always meant to be, The RWBY cast from before the fall of Beacon reacting to Red Vs Blue.

The over two years I let this story stay deleted and unfinished were valuable to me. And because of that time spent lollygagging as Sarge would put it, I'm ready to get back to work. I've agonized over this chapter, rewatched all of RWBY, Red Vs Blue seasons 1-14. All the PSA's. (I tried RvB 15 and still hated it). I reread all the RWBY books, the RvB fan guide, and this entire fic again AND watched Ice Queendom. Will give my thoughts on it all in later chapters. I hope this chapter feels like a seamless continuation.

And with that, here we go!

TingTangle- thank you for the kind review, yeah like riding a bicycle :)

Eclipse_metastar- thank you for your suggestion, here it is!

-------

CoverArt: Cruz7808

Story is crossposted on Wattpad, and Quotev

Give me ideas and suggestions for reactions for this fic!

-------

Season 12 episode 15 deleted scene. (Test chapter, I haven't written them in so long)

"They faked us out with Wash killing Freckles before too." Jaune pointed out.

Pyrrha smiled, "It was relieving when he gave Caboose his new helmet."