S13E7

AN: I had a great Christmas :) hope everyone else who celebrates did too. Again sorry for the wait, a new years resolution of mine is to write more. Let's see if I stick to it.

CoverArt: Cruz7808

Story is crossposted on Wattpad, and Quotev

Give me ideas and suggestions for reactions for this fic!

S13E7

"Locus of Control" appeared on screen with the theme.

Yang laughed, "That's clever."

Blake nodded, "I agree.. for once."

"It's a good pun." Weiss nodded.

"It is? I don't get it. I know it says Locus but.." Ruby shrugged.

"Locus of control is something that means.." Blake hummed. "It's.. how much we believe we control in our own lives vs how much we believe outside forces control our lives."

"Considering Locus's obsession with following orders, I wonder what he believed his Locus of control to be." Ren commented.

"Does he feel like he has more control over his life because he chooses to follow orders or does he let that control go and let whoever gives him orders completely control his life." Weiss wondered.

At the Jungle Temple, Locus and Felix meet up with one of the scientists and a Space Pirate serving as escort.

Locus: "What has your team found?"

Scientist: "This is... huh well, where do I even begin?"

Felix: "Well, you could start with what it is."

Scientist: "A central hub. Some sort of...device connected to the rest of the temples on the planet, that's our best guess at least, but this energy source in the center is...something else."

Felix: "Can it be weaponized?"

Weiss hummed, "The tractor beams were meant to control the gravity of the planet right? They manipulated them to pull spaceships down."

"That's the nerdiest thing I've ever heard you say." Ruby commented, wide eyed.

"Quiet you." Weiss rolled her eyes.

Scientist: "No, no no no no. The energy here is reminiscent of the teleportation devices we studied to make the cubes. We think it's a gateway."

Locus: "To where?"

Scientist: "Well, that is the question of the day, now isn't it?"

"Probably somewhere specific on the planet." Jaune guessed, "Somewhere that you can't get to any way else."

Felix: "So... anyone care to take the first step?"

Ruby looked up, fondly remembering Ozpin's speech.

Scientist: "I would... not advise that. We've been doing our best to decipher the text inscribed on the temple walls. It's all very biblical in tone. Lots of symbolism, but it does seem this gateway has some... well, rules."

Locus: "Rules?"

Scientist: "The text is very specific. "Only a true warrior may enter; a being of great strength and mental clarity."