𝑪𝑼𝑷𝑰𝑫𝑺 𝑬𝑵𝑬𝑴𝒀

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭, 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐟.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"I have a gift for you."

The monotone voice echoed from the doorway, your fingertips pausing its movements on the typewriter. Thomas had something behind his back, increasing your curiosity. "Well, an offering."

"An offering?" You replied, "I'm intrigued, Mr. Shelby." Shifting your gaze as he entered the small room, you sat back in your chair with a small grin. His hand revealed itself with a generous bouquet of roses, making your eyebrow raise. "Are you recycling those to me since Lizzie rejected them, or?"

"There for you to give Pol. The shops would be clean out by the time you're out of here." He replied with a straight face. You stared at him for a few moments, taken aback by his sudden kindness and..support.

"...I'll accept the offering." You stood up, hugging him hesitantly. "But, I would've preferred being let go of earlier. A day off, perhaps."

"Don't get too generous." He lightly pushed you away, pressing the roses to your chest. "I got you the nicest since maybe it'll soften her up."

Humming, you took the roses and set them on your desk. "Thanks Tommy. You didn't have to."

He nodded, pausing for a moment. "Finish that paperwork and I'll let you go."

"Aw, look, Tommy is all soft." You mocked, glancing at the clock. "Letting me go two hours later than my paid time instead of four? Gosh, have you been talking to God again?"

"I'll take those roses back and leave you with a stack of shit just to read through."

"But then Polly wouldn't be softened up for when you call her telling her to come in early." You grinned at him, pointing your pen. "Decisions, decisions, Shelby."

He dropped his head with a heavy sigh as he began walking out of the room, "Finish that damn paperwork before I change my mind." He didn't bother to shut the door behind him, leaving with heavy footsteps. You quickly scanned the paper, checking random boxes and signing the company name on blank lines. You put it in a folder and tied it with whatever yarn you could find to ensure it was safe, pressing a stamp to it and leaving it on your desk.

You threw your coat over your shoulders and took the roses gently so no petals shook off. You basically sped off out of those offices with a shouting of your departing and one last appreciation to Thomas.