𝑷𝑶𝑳𝑳𝒀 𝑭𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑹𝑨𝒀

𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐘 - 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Ah, beginnings. Where do I start? Beginnings are sometimes like smelling the fresh air in the breeze, calming, exciting sometimes. Or, it could be like taking in smoke. It kills you, intoxicates you to the point where you are begging for air, freedom, peace.

We begin something new everyday, to the highest of becoming a big part of somebody's life, to the smallest of watching a new TV show. It's simple, beginnings are in our everyday life.

But this beginning, this one was special. One that in your heart you've always desired. No need to dread on desire anymore, it's right behind your eyes. One simple thing, shifting. You've always wanted to shift to this place for that special fictional character, Polly Gray.

Oh Polly gray, that one woman. Silences a room with a glare, loves you until it fills both of your heart's content. Which truly meant it never ended as the love spread like wildfire throughout.

But you didn't know it would be so soon.

'Vanilla. Smoke...two smells that are never in my house' you think. Trying to comprehend why you are smelling these polar opposite things, your mind gets off track once you hear high heels hitting the floor with every step, closer and closer.

While your mind was also off track, you realize your...well the bed that you were on was stiffer, and you were in silk pajamas. It clicked, you shifted.

'Don't fucking screw this up, you are here, finally. Don't screw it up.' You scolded yourself, not wanting to look like a total idiot.

You heard the door open with a loud creak, practically hearing the cringe that came from, now you know, the one and only Polly Gray.

"Darling, Y/n, darling wake up." As you felt two taps on the shoulder you opened your eyes. One word could explain your emotion.

Disbelief.

She was beautiful, her voice melodic, like angels singing. The way her hair curled, the way her eyes were looking down at you, soft and calm. The way her warm smile greeted you and gave you the most butterflies that you didn't know somebody could give you. The way her hand was gently caressing your hand. It was real, and it was at the very least to say a dream.

"You look petrified Y/n, like you just saw a bloody ghost. Are you alright?" Her tone was stern, her hand went to your forehead, seeing if you had a temperature.

"Oh yeah fine, totally fine, fantastic. What about you? You alright? Do we have water?" You said in a rush tone, a smile on your face at the view of her.

"Sweet girl, yes I'm okay, I'm perfect. And yes we have water. Did you have a night terror? Are you-"

"I'm perfect, I'm actually really happy!-" you were cut off with the big gulp of water you took as you were trying to reduce your internal screaming.

Her hand was still on your cheek, her thumbs rubbing the apples of it. "Alright, I just came back from the market, got some stuff. I'll be downstairs. You can relax a bit more." And with that she pecked your lips and your head, with a boop on the nose.

You took a glimpse of the room you were in, it was quite beautiful actually. The canopy bed, the floral Victorian wallpaper, the two vanities on either side of the wall.

You saw paintings of many things as well, the colors were vibrant with the lighting of the room.

There was also a window on the right side of the room, giving you a view of the town. Everything was completely different: wagons being pulled by horses and children running in the roads, playing their games. Men were yelling–you couldn't tell what about, but you knew you didn't want to be a part of it.

'Alright, we handled that well, to me. Okay, we scripted this, good clothing in the closet...at least it's not me in the closet–please shut up.'

With another loud ass creak, there they were: some fancy, expensive as hell dresses, suits, blouses, skirts, anything you could imagine. You decided on a simple white silk blouse and a brown skirt. ( if you don't like this please feel free to imagine something else)

"Perfect. Comfy and good looking...rare thing to find." You said to yourself.

You slipped out of the pajamas and got in the outfit swiftly, zipping up the skirt and buttoning up the blouse.

You looked through the heels and chose some simple black ones, and that was that. You were now ready for the day...until you looked in the mirror.

"Jesus fucking Christ.." you wasted no time picking up a hair brush and getting to work, fixing whatever you could until you were satisfied. Finally, after ten minutes of giving yourself a mental note and pep talk, you headed downstairs.

The house was honestly ravishing. The warm lights mixed with the sunlight beaming on the mirrors and the flowers on the table. You saw some photographs of family on the wall, immediately recognizing Michael in a few of them.

You looked a bit more to see another family picture of them, with you in it. Your smile grew brighter as you explored the place.

The kitchen was a good size for two people. Its tiles on the floor added some character with cabinets and wood counters. Looking over, there was another window showing the garden.

You made your way back to the living room, trying to find Polly.

You stopped once you saw her, watching as she held a glass of tea while she read the newspaper. She looked up at you with soft eyes, putting the newspaper down.

"Why don't you come join me darling?"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵