⚠𝑹𝑰𝑷𝑷𝑬𝑫 𝑹𝑶𝑺𝑬𝑺⚠

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒

 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒; 

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓.

𝐒𝐌𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒; 

𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐊, 𝐃𝐄𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐆𝐄, 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐒𝐄𝐗, 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

A timid waiter had approached your table once more, itching their neck uncomfortably. "Miss Gray..we-"

"Just bring the fucking wine." You interrupted them, looking away to hide your tear stained cheeks. They nodded, speedily walking away to get the wine, as you asked for. You looked at your watch, biting your lip to not cry. Your gaze moved from the watch to the seat in front of you. The empty seat which Polly was supposed to be in about two hours ago.

It was Valentine's day, the most romantic day of the year. The day to appreciate your partner to the fullest and to be together. You had made plans to do so, telling Polly to meet her at Simpson's at 6 since you had to work. She agreed with that beautiful smile of hers, telling you how excited she was and whatnot.

And now you stared at the roses in the middle of the table, the big bouquet that was supposed to be given to Polly. The waiter had interrupted your thoughts by bringing back the expensive wine, pouring some in the glass. You motioned for him to keep the wine at the table, knowing you'd need it.

You made sure it was perfect for her. Put all your thought into it, everything.

And she didn't even show up.

You had quit on your hopes of her showing up, you'd given her plenty of time. You paid for the expensive bottle of wine, taking it and the flowers along with yourself, back home to Birmingham. All by your fucking self. You also brought yourself a slice of chocolate cake to bring home, a little treat for yourself.

"Missus Gray didn't show up?" Your driver asked with a frown.

You looked around, "Does it look like she bloody did?" You questioned sarcastically, rolling your eyes as you got into the car. You threw the roses down and dropped your head back, "To the office first, in case that fucking bastard is there."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Polly wasn't there, which had made it even worse. It meant she wasn't even working, so there was no real excuse. You unlocked the door to your house quickly, bursting in and slamming the door. You had stormed up the stairs, rose petals falling behind you.