𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹 𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑲𝒀

𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘

𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘

𝑊𝐴𝑅𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆: 𝑆𝑂𝑀𝐸 𝐵𝐿𝑂𝑂𝐷, 𝐿𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝐴𝑁𝐺𝑆𝑇.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Your foot tapped against the floor at the betting shop where Michael and Polly sat, with you as well. He was talking about what the doctors were saying, how much longer he'll need the cane, the permanent damages, it went on and on. Polly listened intently as you had stopped listening when he listed the risks of everything. Stopped listening with the feeling of guilt.

Sure, you didn't like Michael too much. But, he was your lover's son. You couldn't shrug it all off. Polly would be distraught if her son died before her. A few months before, the incident that everybody knew too well happened where John and Michael had gotten shot by the Italians. You watched it happen, in shock and panic. It happened all too quickly, you had no time.

Michael, please breathe, you'll be fine! Okay? Come on!

You closed your eyes, hearing those dreadful gunshots in your head like you were there all over again. Your hands in the blood, the dress ruined you were going to wear for Christmas morning. Trying to apply pressure to the boys, the memory reminding you of yet another traumatic memory, the war.

John, no no, they'll be here soon, okay? Think of Esme and the kids!

You saw him, barely breathing. You sat there, crying for help and waiting for the cars. You sat there, on your knees, praying that they'd fucking survive and not die from blood loss or a bullet hit something. Your head turned sharply when you heard heels.

Y/n! Michael!

You stared at her, tears daring to leave your eyes. You winced at her yelling, finally snapping out of the memories. A shuddering breath left your mouth. You mumbled an excuse and sat up, exiting the room and the betting shop itself. Your exit was abrupt, causing Michael and Polly to be confused on why you left. Michael had noticed you were getting pale but didn't think anything of it. He told Polly and a glint of worry formed in her eyes, looking behind her.

You were walking down the concrete, being able to walk home since you all were so close. You sped up when you noticed haste footsteps behind you, your arms folded across your chest. Your name was called but you ignored it, taking the keys from your pocket and unlocking your door, closing it back shut quickly. You leaned on it for a minute, throwing your purse on the couch and missing but you didn't give two fucks.

You ran to the bathroom, breathing heavily. The thoughts ran around your mind. The words and the gunshots, the feeling of the blood dripping from your fingertips were like loud, booming music you couldn't get away from. It was so loud that you felt like you were going deaf in the moment.