𝑪𝑶𝑳𝑫

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃.

𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐒. 

𝐓𝐖 : 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇, 𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒, 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐒𝐔𝐁𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍, 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐒/𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌, 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐃𝐎𝐒𝐄, 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃.

𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐋 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

You opened the door to your home after the many knocks you had left. You took the backup keys from the sconce next to it. You entered very cautiously. You immediately had a feeling of nausea take over you. Your stomach filled with pain you couldn't explain. Your hands began to scratch themselves, unable to relieve your anxiety any other way.

"Polly?" You yelled throughout the oddly quiet house. Not a creak, a fire crackling, a page flipping, a footstep that wasn't called yours. There was a draft coming from the kitchen, which led you to it.

You saw the window open. What made you baffled was it was never open. The only windows ever open were upstairs. The floral curtains blew with the harsh wind. You walked over slowly, closing the window and locking it shut. The lock clicked and you saw a knife misplaced. You shrugged, not finding it too odd.

You went to the living room, the tightening feeling in your arms now. You looked around for anything wrong. Anything to cause you to run. Run to Thomas. Make your fear even stronger, or even anything to let you know she was okay.

The warm light that was turned on glowed in the dark room. The gray light peeked through the curtains. You had heard that the radio was still going. You furrowed your eyebrows, shutting it off with your index finger on the button. She always turned the radio off when she was finished with it, she'd scold you if you did not.

Your heel had stepped on something. You glanced down, removing your foot from the unknown object. You leaned down onto your knees, seeing more closely to what it was.

You picked it up and you recognized it. A cross. The cross Polly had had around her neck. The cross she had held in dangerous situations for her prayers to be heard. You clutched it in your hand, your breath getting shaky. "Polly!" You shrieked, standing up and putting it around your neck for the safety of the necklace.

You ran to every room. Everywhere you could find. Lamps and such fell as you turned, not bothering to make sure you didn't run into things. You ran up the stairs and a stench that had a revolting smell came from the hall. You turned on your heel, praying you weren't right about your assumption of what it could be. Panicked screaming came from the top of your lungs of what you had found.