𝑺𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑩𝒀 𝑨𝑻𝑻𝑰𝑻𝑼𝑫𝑬

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄 

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒; 

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓. 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐃𝐊.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"It's just noise. Vibrations running through the air like a horse."

Tears swelled at your empty eyes. Pain spread through your body like a wildfire that couldn't be controlled. Shouting still rings in your ears as you repeated the soothing words you heard in the war.

You were on the ground, leaning against a wall for support. Thomas had just hit you minutes earlier, over and over again. Your screams for him to stop had alerted Francis, and to your luck she came running in. He finally stopped once you were on the ground and her wide eyes saw the scene.

"A hit will always fade, but never the memory. Remember that."

Thomas had left the room to go somewhere while you were scurried in a corner like a scared child. Blood dripped from your lip and your whole body felt bruised.

"Shall I call Miss Gray?" She interrupted, her voice shaky from fear.

Polly. Oh god, how she would kill him for this. Not kill, but hit harder. Yell louder. She'd protect you and you would be safe for a temporary amount of time until he does it again. All you could do was shake your head from left to right, standing up straight and wiping the blood off of you.

"No need, Francis. Thank you."

You bashfully walked out of the room and headed straight for your car. Polly would be at the betting shop, so you could just lay down in bed for the rest of the day and pretend that nothing happened when she got back.

The car ride was a blur, allowing yourself to cry once more when you looked in the mirror of your bathroom. You used a rag to wipe the blood off your lip and chin, applying powder to your back and neck so no bruises would be shown. This was not typical of Tommy, but when it happened, it was the worst. You disagreed with him and that was all you had committed, standing up for yourself and using your voice. God forbid he has an awful idea or someone uses their voice to say no, especially a woman.

The moment you slipped into the safety of your bed was the moment you crashed. Snowball had greeted you by laying down next to your head, purring as she rubbed against it and fell asleep. You drowned out reality by closing your tired eyes and hoping you would wake up in some better place. Tears escaped your eyes that soaked the pillow beneath you, praying this day would end already.

Next thing you knew, the bed had dipped and Polly was sitting next to your legs, gazing at you while her hand petted your hair back. You didn't even want to look at her from how ashamed you were. Why couldn't you have fought back with him? She'd be so disappointed. She taught you better.