𝑰𝑪𝑬

𝐈𝐂𝐄

𝐈𝐂𝐄

𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄. ♥ 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Snow flurries fell on your navy blue coat. Your laughs sounded through the city, your boots running on the icy sidewalks. The air was fresher as you tried to catch a snowflake on your tongue, the snow giving you as much joy as a child going into a candy store.

The sky was gray but nonetheless beautiful. The city was filled with Christmas music for the holiday season. Decorations decked out the tall buildings and light posts. Christmas trees were everywhere in sight. No, this didn't sound like Birmingham. Where were you for the holiday?

New York City.

"Y/n get your ass back here before you slip!" You turned around and stuck your tongue out at the mature woman. "If I slip it means I fell for you~" You teased. You calmed down the tiniest bit, skipping away now to whoever knows where.

"Y/n!" You heard her yell one more time. You stopped, waiting for her. Polly was wearing a black coat, her hands covered in leather gloves as she snatched your arm. "I am not in the mood to pay for a lengthy hospital bill, you silly girl. These Americans are quite greedy." You giggled at her insult. America was quite the expense, especially medical care.

You both went to New York for a little trip. Sure, the family would be lonely without your shenanigans but they would live. Especially Arthur and Lizzie, the two had different reasons. You were insanely good with Ruby if she cried or needed a nap or she didn't want to be fed. And being an emotional support. And then Arthur, who'd miss your baking. Then Ada, who now needed to keep a watch on the boys because she was the one in control while you both were gone.

The place was filled with lights and festive activities. You had many plans in mind. From ice skating to playing in the snow to making Christmas cookies. There was also a new tradition starting, the Rockerfeller tree. It was supposed to be a quite tall tree and decorated beautifully, and which you were begging Polly to see and she gave in, wanting some time with you anyways.

"Alrighty Pol, what do you want to do first? Skating? Or getting souvenirs for the family? Or-" You felt yourself stop as she pulled you back from walking. "Darling, oh my sweetheart, slow down. Have you forgotten I'm just a tad older than you?" You glanced down, feeling guilty with how you were dragging her around.

She sighed, tilting your chin up so yours and hers eyes met. "I know you're excited darling, I am excited as well. We just need to slow down to...savor New York. Okay love?" She smiled at you trying to hide your own.

"Now, how about we get some lunch first, then go skating. Does that sound good, sweetheart?" She questioned. "Indeed, now let's go!" She rolled her eyes, beginning to walk again so she wouldn't slip herself.