𝑭𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑳

𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋

𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

You sat at the table with Lizzie, Thomas, and Jack. You were exhausted from the day, paperwork and all the fucking shit you had to do to prepare to entertain Nelson.

"So, Jack, is Gina doing well? Behaving while Michael is gone?" You asked.

"Oh, no, Gina's running wild, y'see. Harrods, dope, amphetamines, lords and ladies, you know, the whole English aristocracy thing." Your eyes widened, gulping your whiskey whole at his words. She supposedly had a son which you had never seen. Why would a mother behave this way? A mother wouldn't. A good mother, in that case.

The maid came over with a bottle of wine to pour in Jack's glass and he waved her off, "Fuck wine, whiskey. Shelby, you having whiskey?"

"I'll stay on wine." He dryly answered.

"Fuck wine, more whiskey. I'm celebrating. Celebration, you know, getting off this fucking island. You see, the thing is with England, the currency here, it not money, nah. You got bored of money a long time ago, cause you know anyone can have money. You can fucking..you can fucking find money in the mud. You can forge money. Mr. Shelby, you can steal money, am I right? Am I right Ms. Gray?" You both nodded, tired of listening to his rambling.

"The currency here, it's blood. And Mr. Shelby knows better than all of them. Blood here is like wine, like the vintage wine in that bottle. It's the label, it's the terroir, it's the fuckin' grape that makes the wine. Who fucking cares about the glass around it? And you and you, my friends, are American. You fucking smash the glass, you spill their blood and spend their currency to get what ya' want. Am I right? Mr. Shelby, when you come to America, I'll show you things."

Taking another gulp of your whiskey as your head ached from Nelson, Lizzie looked between the two. "You're going to America?"

"To Canada, Lizzie. To collect payment for my shipment. I need to do it myself."

"And who will be going with you?" She looked over at you in which you shook your head.

"Michael will be there to watch his back." Jack answered for him.

"Another journey, Tommy?" Lizzie frowned, tired of him and his travelling.

"Five million, Mrs. Shelby. It's worth a little cruise, don't you think?" Jack answered again. She rolled her eyes, looking over at Tommy.

"You know whiskey does talk, Mr Nelson, and sometimes whiskey is...very eloquent. But five million, Mr Nelson... Now, that is a legacy. And when I come back, I will know everything." Now you rolled your eyes at his answer, lighting a cigarette.

"I see myself so clearly in you, Mr. Shelby. You are a man with a bright and glittering future."

"Or a fucking nonexistent one." You muttered.