"It's been a while!" The youthful brows of the young man still bore traces of immaturity, and his green robe made him appear even younger. Du Yue greeted them with overflowing enthusiasm, yet no one responded.

Upon recognizing the newcomer, Qin Zhao immediately stood up and retreated behind Chu Mingyun, lowering his eyes without uttering a word. Chu Mingyun's gaze shifted from Du Yue to the person behind him, a vague smile slowly forming on his lips.

Confused, Du Yue followed his gaze, turning around to see Su Shiyu, who also smiled faintly upon meeting Chu Mingyun's eyes, "I truly didn't expect to meet Lord Chu here."

Chu Mingyun, propping his chin with his hand, smiled deeper, "It seems Lord Su and I really are fated."

"Let's not talk about fate."

"Hey, you two know each other?" Du Yue awkwardly interjected.

"Just from seeing each other around," Su Shiyu said with a smile, "It was just this morning after court, he seemed a bit out of sorts and held onto me, talking more than usual. Beyond that, we're not close."

"Out of sorts? What did he say?" Du Yue asked curiously.

"It's quite unexpected, you were talking about them being your friends?" Su Shiyu said.

"Yes, my master and their master were close friends, all living on Cangwu Mountain. The mountain only took us three in, and I've known them since I started studying medicine. They're like brothers to me!" Du Yue then asked, "Cousin, what did you say this morning?"

Su Shiyu shifted his gaze back to Chu Mingyun, "Given that, I must thank Lord Chu for looking after him."

"There's no need for formalities with me, Lord Su." Chu Mingyun replied with a smile brimming with amiability.

"Why are you thanking him, cousin?" Du Yue stepped forward and tugged at Qin Zhao's arm, "He's been good to me. Every time Chu Mingyun tries to bully me, it's him who helps me out. You should be thanking him."

Qin Zhao, with his head lowered, glanced at Du Yue in resignation. Du Yue, belatedly realizing the situation, looked around in surprise and then curiously asked, "Qin Zhao, why are you standing over there?"

Qin Zhao remained silent, his eyes lowered. Su Shiyu, with a sweep of his robe, sat down at the table gracefully, lifting his hand with a smile, "No need for formalities at a private gathering. Since you're Ah Yue's friend, why not sit down?"

Hearing that address, Qin Zhao involuntarily frowned and hesitated before looking at Chu Mingyun. Chu Mingyun leisurely opened and closed his fan, laughing without tone, "Since Lord Su has spoken, sitting down won't kill you."

Following the suggestion, Qin Zhao took his seat again. Su Shiyu smiled quietly, while Du Yue started to show his dissatisfaction, "Hey, Chu, what the hell does that mean? You make it sound like my cousin's a cannibal."

Chu Mingyun raised an eyebrow and glanced over, causing Du Yue to instinctively step back. Before he could speak again, Su Shiyu interjected with a calm "Ah Yue."

Du Yue quickly covered his mouth and silently took a seat next to Su Shiyu.

"I do have a question," Su Shiyu smoothly transitioned from the previous topic, "Ah Yue was sent to study medicine from a young age, far from home, beyond the reach of family discipline. By the time it was discovered he had picked up some improper language, it was too late to correct. Initially, I thought the medical saint's school was a mixed bag, but seeing Lord Chu and this gentleman, neither seem uncouth. What's the explanation?"

"Because his master is disrespectful in his old age," Chu Mingyun said languidly.

"Hey—" Du Yue was displeased again, but remembering Su Shiyu's presence, he swallowed his retort, "That's not true. My master just spoke his mind a few times; he's lively."

Qin Zhao looked at Du Yue, not finding his choice of words quite fitting.

Chu Mingyun glanced at him with disinterest.

Du Yue, turning to Su Shiyu with a serious expression, warned, "Cousin, let me tell you, this Chu guy is no good. My master used to say: 'Chu Mingyun is a lunatic when he's happy, and a psychopath when he's not.'"

Chu Mingyun: "..."

"The Medical Saint is indeed extraordinary," Su Shiyu chuckled softly, "But Lord Chu need not take it to heart. How you conduct yourself, I am well aware."

Chu Mingyun tugged at the corner of his mouth, unable to discern whether Su Shiyu's comment was meant to console or mock.

Only Du Yue took it seriously, laughing, "Right? I always thought my master was quite amusing." He scratched his head and added, "But cousin, when it comes to making sharp remarks and blocking people's words, I think even my master isn't as good as you."

The gazes from the other three at the table turned complex upon hearing Du Yue's words.

Whose side are you really on?

Despite everything, Chu Mingyun and Su Shiyu weren't the type who couldn't hold a conversation, and with Du Yue there, the atmosphere at the table remained relatively harmonious. Midway through the banquet, Chu Mingyun and Su Shiyu sporadically discussed political matters, providing Qin Zhao an opportunity to pull Du Yue aside for a private talk.

"Do you know what your cousin does?" he asked.

Du Yue nodded, "Yeah, he's an official."

"And do you know what your senior brother does?" he asked again.

Du Yue nodded, "Yeah, he's an official too."

Qin Zhao suddenly fell silent for a moment before saying, "Never mind, let's go back."