jungwon

author-nim makes her presence still known :> 

been ded for months and seeing that this bull still manages to gain votes and reads, i'm in love 

(this semester is killing me)

like srsly

anyways...

thank you for rooting for my books! you guys really cheered me up today

and because of that...

author-nim is giving you another one of her trash 

hehe

---

...and so the trees lived and the valley was supple. it was always good to be there, with the smell of the corn field always following you as you rode your bicycle to the sheep tracks, to a small cabin you have long built inside the lush woods, even to the village church where the gardens ever greeted you with vivid crocuses. and oh, the clouds looked like feathers today.

it felt sweet to be back for months of sailing across the miserable seas. it could never fill in the longing; her smell, the way her skin felt on his, her smile... love is stupidly the best at those things, such little things that would make you miss her while she is still in your arms, silly little things that would force you to long for everything while you had all the time to spend at the moment.

but he could never deny, the sea had always been the one calling out his name since the first day he knew sand, salt, water. Each sunrise made him believe days were close and he could finally rule the waves as a sailor that he so wished to be.  

y/n has grown more beautiful since he was gone for work. not just "fair skin" beautiful or "ruby lips" beautiful, not even just "supple breasts" beautiful. he could proudly admit he adored her more than just that and he was no fool to give up their lives only for parts of her he could just touch. he took the time to court the young woman he genuinely loved, even endured the shunning japes her father would draw just to try to taunt him. but he had a dream, he wanted her, wanted her as though he was running out of time.

"oh, darling. do you mean to not look after yourself so i can do that to you?" y/n was sitting on his lap, gingerly combing his hair. "don't smile at me like that. i know your every move, wonnie."

and so she did as he pressed her thigh. "come on. you're the only one who loves to pamper me so much."  he said. "it's nice to be back home. i've missed this." coming home, y/n would always make sure he was not hardened by the breeze of the oceans. she liked his hair neat and sleek, and so she would cut them in a length they would both agree in. 

for his leave, he would serve her, too. she loved flowers, the ones she could press on the books she would read to pass the time while he was away. in the mornings, he made sure to wake up earlier to make her tea and prepare her daily readings. in the afternoons, they would stroll by the farm and help her tend to their pets. and after the sweat of all worthy efforts, the bed is shared in the night, making sure that they were each other's home beneath the sheets.

for a while, won and y/n must have thought it was good to get married at eighteen, where he still should have been playing football but instead, had themselves a gingerly house with flowers on its gables, just as y/n liked. she should have been playing the piano in the theaters, too. they figured those things would just come back again. love could not. oh, love was the biggest, most precious thing they could ever think of.

and while it was the biggest, most precious thing, it could never make wonnie stay. early in the morning y/n would be awakened by his soft, moist lips, and she would instantly know it was goodbye again. "it won't take too long," won would promise her, but it would take long anyway, she would just know. He would be back and she would grow even more beautiful to his eyes and the same sequence of events will continue to roll. y/n could never come to realize why, even after all the predictable cycle, she just can never get used to him leaving. 

when won was away, she would do the same chores, and finishing them all, she would sit by the porch and read the novel she had read for almost the fourth time. it had grown to be her favorite book. it kept her from crying and feeling caged. but yes, if she had so much time, she would cry and miss him and cry because that was the only thing she could do. she once loved being a wife, of being at that place. she was upset she couldn't love the idea anymore. maybe papa was right.

they were too young to even love.

won came home with the same light gleaming behind his eyes, burning to see y/n again. it was as early as the sun could be allowed in the pinkish sky. the door was open, leading him to the bedroom where he expected his only y/n to be, sleeping soundly. 

jungwon immediately dropped his bags, eyes wide open, knees weak.

on the matress was a cream-colored paper. on the upper left side was a pressed red poppy.

alas, she was not there.

she was no longer there.

part 2 coming soon ! ! !