« Jungwon »

Requested by:  YangSaetByeol

So many plot holes, but I hope u still like it 😭 plzz forgive wonnie for doing this to y/n

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

Those were the last specks of summer; when the sun stood the highest and hurt just right, when the sky was hot and crisp, and the sultry winds rode roughshod over the evergreen trees, when it was the last time
not to think about school.

Y/n headed to the woods, playfully walking across logs and puddles along her way.
She went further to look for wild berries, managing to pick up bloodroots she didn't necessarily have to pick just for her aesthetic. As she was slowly going deeper into the woods, she found herself being watched over. She couldn't explain it. She turned back and saw nothing but trees, she turned to the side and saw more of it, but none of anyone or anything.

It was when she decided to sing to keep her unafraid that the bushes started to rustle even louder.

"Anybody there?" She raised her voice. When she missed to look straight towards her path, a pair of hands quickly grasped her narrow shoulders, causing her to flinch intensively.

"Wonnie! For god's sake... You almost killed me!" She said, exhaling in relief.

Jungwon laughed in reply, casually grabbing a piece  of wild berry on her basket. "You're wandering alone, missy."

"Yes." Y/n uttered proudly, then furrowed her eyebrows as soon as she realized. "Wait, are you following me all along?"

Won scoffed. "No. I was just about to head to the river. Wanna go with me?"

Y/n was hesitant for a while. "But, I have to go home before sunset. There's no one left in the dorm so I have to..."

He raised his brows. "Hmm? We'll only be there for a while, though."

The river was calm and blue, built by the gods to entice anyone standing by the compact cliff above it. 

By then, Wonnie doffed his coffee coat, revealing his dirty white sleeves.

"Isn't it too deep to dive under?" Y/n asked doubtfully, but she only earned his soft smile.

"Deep?" He asked, the final clothing he had to take was his long sleeves, which then revealed his undershirt. "Have you been here before?"

"No."

"Well, I've been here many times. I won't be able to go here again if the water was too deep."

Jungwon's eyes were on the river by the time Y/n removed her coat, sparing nothing but it.

Won reached for her hand, intertwining his fingers on hers. 

"Don't let go." Y/n uttered worriedly. "Don't let go until we land."

Won then reassured her. "It will be just like having old woodland adventures."

She closed her eyes. 

"I'm here, Y/n."

Plunging into the once defying waters, y/n felt nothing but the river encapsulating her. Sure, she thought it would hurt just as much as falling on a ground of thorns, for she was once afraid, knowing nothing but fear. Well that, and dying because of fear. But it was different. Jungwon was right beside her, holding her until he knew she was finally free. 

Won rose, and saw her looking at him with eyes that seemed to open for the first time; it was the look of assurance.

Lips parted, y/n immediately wrapped him around her slender arms. 

"Wonnie..." She said, and dared not to say another word again.

And so they indeed arrived at y/n's dorm before sunset, knowing that their awkward silence was the only one keeping them far from each other. Jungwon stayed at the couch while y/n looked for bigger clothes in the closet for her Wonnie, and smaller ones for herself. It's alright. She said, trying to sweep away the thought of them being that close in the waters. It will never happen again.

Y/n decided to take a shower just as Jungwon went to the kitchen to scan for anything to cook, as if he was living there, too. "I'm going to use your kitchen!" He said and went on without her response. "Alright, I think that's a yes."

Every now and then, Won would call for her and hear no reply, perhaps thinking she was changing or just simply having a time of her life.

"Snack's here, y/n!" He shouted. "And do you have some shirts that could fit me, at least?"

"I'll just eat first, y/n. I'm hungry."

Y/n headed out of the bathroom, casually putting on her undergarments. By the time she was just about to put on her shirt, the door suddenly opened.

"Y/n, I forgot to tell you—" They both screamed in shock, almost freezing in their places. "I'm sorry!" Jungwon immediately looked away as y/n quickly ran to the door to shut it.

"KNOCK, WONNIE, GODDAMMIT! She sighed, resting her head on the door.

Jungwon did the same while burying his face on his palms. "DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO LOCK THE DOOR, Y/NNIE?" He said, hating that his cheeks had to heat up in the most sinful moment. "Fuck." He sighed.  It  was just not right to keep thinking about it.  "I'm really sorry! I thought you were done changing!" His cheeks kept blushing.
"Do you think I should just head home?"

"No." Y/n's tone softened,"Wait 'til I'm done  and we'll eat and forget this happened, alright?" She said, biting the inside of her lip.

"Alright."

"I should've locked the door."

"I should have knocked."

"I'm sorry, Wonnie."

"I didn't see everything, y/nnie... Let's forget about this. I feel like dying right now."

"Shut up."

"I really do."